News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

How is the weather treating you today?

Started by FL SAAC, October 17, 2022, 05:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

But that weather guy says "hold on its gonna get colder" ....brrrrrrrr !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

rhjanes

I went for a 8.9 mile hike at LBJ National Grasslands.  Even with a hat, I got sun-kissed.  It was great temp wise.  I was geared up in hiking gear.  I layer shirts and thought to remove one after lunch, but never did.  It was about 72 degrees when I finished.  Sadly, every old stock ponds except one was totally dry.  The one just had a bit of water in them.  Drought....  The Forest Service has stock tanks that have well water so animals are all fine The FS wasn't running any cattle on the  grasslands just now.  Saw a few Bow Hunters walking around.  October is Bow deer season here in Texas.  I suspect they were just looking for where they would try late or early in the day as in the middle of the day, the deer are all laying under a tree in the back country, fast asleep.  Even on my back country loop, I didn't see any.  Saw EVIDENCE of a lot of deer and thankfully, the hogs looked like they moved elsewhere. 
Just a great day for a long walk.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

crossboss

Perfect here in Vegas. 84 degrees, clear and sunny, no humidity, no bugs, just perfect! Eat your hearts out east, mid-west and southerners! lol
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

First official snow flakes recorded at O'Hare Airport yesterday.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: rhjanes on October 17, 2022, 06:05:16 PM
I went for a 8.9 mile hike at LBJ National Grasslands.  Even with a hat, I got sun-kissed.  It was great temp wise.  I was geared up in hiking gear.  I layer shirts and thought to remove one after lunch, but never did.  It was about 72 degrees when I finished.  Sadly, every old stock ponds except one was totally dry.  The one just had a bit of water in them.  Drought....  The Forest Service has stock tanks that have well water so animals are all fine The FS wasn't running any cattle on the  grasslands just now.  Saw a few Bow Hunters walking around.  October is Bow deer season here in Texas.  I suspect they were just looking for where they would try late or early in the day as in the middle of the day, the deer are all laying under a tree in the back country, fast asleep.  Even on my back country loop, I didn't see any.  Saw EVIDENCE of a lot of deer and thankfully, the hogs looked like they moved elsewhere. 
Just a great day for a long walk.

You painted a beautiful picture of  your surroundings,  enjoy the moment

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on October 18, 2022, 11:15:02 AM
First official snow flakes recorded at O'Hare Airport yesterday.

Plenty of those snow flakes I see....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Asphalt is better than water at any temperature.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

And this bone chilling weather ends our hurricane season

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quite well.Warmish,but it's dry heat..... 8)

FL SAAC

Woke up again to mid 60s weather, this is not normal in FL mid October.

Looked at the Ye Old Famers Almanac and they predict this, y'all get ready:

Winter for much of the Midwest and along the East Coast is best described as "Shivery & Snowy." The eastern half of the U.S. should brace for potentially record-breaking cold to define the season. This frigid forecast extends to the Deep South and Texas, which could see the mercury diving as much as 8°F below normal! Specifically:

Winter temperatures will be colder than normal across much of the country between the East Coast and Rockies. Snowfall will be greater than normal from central New England through northern North Carolina, from the Lower Great Lakes and the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys into the southern Plains, from the northern Plains into eastern Washington, and across the higher terrain of the southern Rockies and California.Freezing temperatures will also bring above-average snow totals to most areas in the eastern U.S. that typically experience snowfall.  

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

Just more of that "Global Warming" some folks have been talking about for years... :)   ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on October 21, 2022, 10:04:20 AM

Winter for much of the Midwest and along the East Coast is best described as "Shivery & Snowy." The eastern half of the U.S. should brace for potentially record-breaking cold to define the season. This frigid forecast extends to the Deep South and Texas, which could see the mercury diving as much as 8°F below normal! Specifically:

Winter temperatures will be colder than normal across much of the country between the East Coast and Rockies. Snowfall will be greater than normal from central New England through northern North Carolina, from the Lower Great Lakes and the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys into the southern Plains, from the northern Plains into eastern Washington, and across the higher terrain of the southern Rockies and California.Freezing temperatures will also bring above-average snow totals to most areas in the eastern U.S. that typically experience snowfall. 

Looks like the volcanic ash from Mt.Miamius is getting out of control again huh?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on October 24, 2022, 12:22:31 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on October 21, 2022, 10:04:20 AM

Winter for much of the Midwest and along the East Coast is best described as "Shivery & Snowy." The eastern half of the U.S. should brace for potentially record-breaking cold to define the season. This frigid forecast extends to the Deep South and Texas, which could see the mercury diving as much as 8°F below normal! Specifically:

Winter temperatures will be colder than normal across much of the country between the East Coast and Rockies. Snowfall will be greater than normal from central New England through northern North Carolina, from the Lower Great Lakes and the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys into the southern Plains, from the northern Plains into eastern Washington, and across the higher terrain of the southern Rockies and California.Freezing temperatures will also bring above-average snow totals to most areas in the eastern U.S. that typically experience snowfall. 

Looks like the volcanic ash from Mt.Miamius is getting out of control again huh?

Mt. Miamius......LMAO that's good !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

Got down to 71 overnight, going up to 82 degrees later.  Nice breezes and surf all day. 8)