Author Topic: No information  (Read 3603 times)

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
No information
« on: October 18, 2022, 08:20:13 AM »
I'm disappointed that I had to learn that SAAC 48 is at Pitt Race July 13-15, 2023 from a Team Shelby Facebook page.

Not sure if I am going to be able to make it.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: No information
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 08:29:08 AM »
I'm disappointed that I had to learn that SAAC 48 is at Pitt Race July 13-15, 2023 from a Team Shelby Facebook page.

Posted here yesterday:
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=20694.0

But yes, unlike previous national event notifications, nothing first sent to actual SAAC members. Was this an over-site, or intentional by the current SAAC board or it's computer administrator, sadly, we may never know.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 12:16:51 PM »
Probably my TS post to my region's pages, but taken directly the aforementioned Post here on the SAAC Forums.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 02:19:17 PM »
Does anyone know what the convention hotel was for SAAC 34 when the track was Beaver Run??  The reviews for the Ramada/Wyndham closest to the track aren't very good.....

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 07:22:39 PM »
Does anyone know what the convention hotel was for SAAC 34 when the track was Beaver Run??  The reviews for the Ramada/Wyndham closest to the track aren't very good.....

Is that place even still open?  When I Googled it, it said Permanently Closed.

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 07:40:21 PM »
I once stayed at that Ramada, near the track when Instructing for another group.

Nicely put, IT WAS A DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 09:47:25 PM »
Pittsburgh offers many off site camping spots - for free.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 10:40:06 PM »
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/beaver-falls-pennsylvania/ramada-beaver-falls-pa/overview?CID=LC:RA::GGL:RIO:National:54268&iata=00093796

Looks like it's still open. 7 mins. from the track.  Most Ramadas I've seen are pretty bad nowadays.  Next closest hotels are in Monaca about a half hour South, assuming Super 8 and Microtel aren't in the mix.  All three closest to the track are owned by Wyndham, like the convention hotel in Indy......
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 10:52:22 PM by 5566 »

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2022, 06:20:27 AM »
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/beaver-falls-pennsylvania/ramada-beaver-falls-pa/overview?CID=LC:RA::GGL:RIO:National:54268&iata=00093796

Looks like it's still open. 7 mins. from the track.  Most Ramadas I've seen are pretty bad nowadays.  Next closest hotels are in Monaca about a half hour South, assuming Super 8 and Microtel aren't in the mix.  All three closest to the track are owned by Wyndham, like the convention hotel in Indy......

Thanks for the update.  I stand corrected.  The photos in the link look pretty decent, and you can't get much closer to the track!  Eagerly awaiting updates on host hotel, etc. 

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 11:47:26 AM »

It was posted here and on SAAC HQ Facebook.

Others, such as Team Shelby, repeated the news

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2022, 02:58:08 PM »

Previous years, SAAC members were given a heads up email, usually a day or more in advance of a public release. It was a benefit to the paid members of the national group. Perhaps those in charge of such things just simply forgot this, or the board stepped in and said "no more". Personally, I'd like to know who was behind the change, but ever since retiring from my volunteer position(s), it appears there is a lack of civility and communication that occurred in the past.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022, 03:32:51 PM »
We stayed at that Ramada hotel in 2019. One person from Mi had a very bad experience as they were T-boned crossing the road heading for the track by a dump truck on Saturday morning. From my recollection the room was good and not bad at all. Again, that was 2019 before the pandemic. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 03:39:15 PM »
We stayed at that Ramada hotel in 2019. One person from Mi had a very bad experience as they were T-boned crossing the road heading for the track by a dump truck on Saturday morning. From my recollection the room was good and not bad at all. Again, that was 2019 before the pandemic. Gary

Now that you mention Ramada, we recently stayed at a Hilton.  When we went up to our room it smelled like wet dog. Went downstairs and found out that they where "pet friendly" so are we but we don't travel with our doggies.

Long story short they upgraded and moved us to another floor and room. But this being a convention more than likely it will be booked.

Check before you register "are you pet friendly" if so ask for a clean room or not

Good luck
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2022, 03:49:57 PM »

+ 1

So it was posted here first and then some one transferred it to another site

Just look at the date / time it was posted on SAAC and compare to when it was posted elsewhere

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2022, 05:00:30 PM »
Alright, alright,  alright, had JC do a trace on this mystery  and these are his findings:

1) Information posted on SAAC website first

2) Anthony Branda copied or print screened SAAC post and posted on his
    FB account

3) Steve White transferred or shared Mr Brandas post unto Team Shelby
     Great lakes region

As a late great friend of ours would say "we have no mysteries left as all  mysteries have been resolved.

Hopefully we can all get a good night's sleep tonight.

Thank you

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy