News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A/C firewall pad

Started by Peter L., October 18, 2022, 12:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

The firewall pad in my KR was missing when I got the car. It's a factory A/C car. Just wondering if someone could recommend a good replacement. I see a few different choices in the aftermarket.
            Thanks, Pete.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

CharlesTurner

First choice would be to try and find a nice original.

Otherwise, there is a reproduction firewall pad that has a thin metal reinforcement to keep the right shape.  The repro will require coating with something like 3M body schutz or similar to at least give the pad some type of texture to resemble the originals.  I would recommend making all the holes needed first before coating.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Peter L.

OK thanks Charles. I'll try to source out a used pad. I have a few Mustang buddies I can contact.
  Any preference for aftermarket? CJ, Branda, National Parts Depot....
                        Thanks again.    Pete.
KR 4052

CharlesTurner

This is the last one I got from NPD: 01610-2C
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

nctrucks

You might want to try West Coast Classic Cougar for a used original one.  I think cougar is the same.

J_Speegle

If your going to look and hopefully find a usable used one make sure that you get one from a Dearborn or NJ (didn't make Cougar) donor car.

There are differences
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Peter L.

OK thanks. It's a NJ car.
KR 4052

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Peter L. on October 20, 2022, 08:31:05 AM
  OK thanks. It's a NJ car.
It is a given that a 68 Shelby is a NJ car. I think Jeff was trying to explain that mats from ether Dearborn or NJ cars look the same and what you need when searching for a mat. You do not want a mat from a SJ car because it looks different.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Peter L.

KR 4052