News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

MCACN 2022 November 19-20

Started by roddster, October 26, 2022, 05:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 25, 2022, 09:39:05 AM
It will be stunning !

Knowing the reputation of the shop doing the work, I have no doubt.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on November 25, 2022, 08:57:51 AM
I spoke to one Shelby owner who entered his in Pinnacle Certification.  He was very impressed with the judges knowledge, information, and attitudes.  He said it was far better than any SAAC or MCA judging he has ever had done.
Interesting given the MCACN judges are typically current MCA and SAAC judges.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Excellent point Mr Gaines

I am not a judge in any venue, but have been in the past.

I actually think the venue is considerably more lenient based on my personal observations. Some people dont want real criticism and just think they are entitled to an award. Not saying thats the case here...

Just my opinion, others may feel differently  😉

Mikelj5S230

As a 300 point+ NCRS master judge, I know the MCACN Triple Damond Corvette judging is way more lenient than what we do, so it is possible it is all pretty cursory at MCACN.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 25, 2022, 10:57:20 AM
I actually think the venue is considerably more lenient based on my personal observations. ....

Mine also but just my observations of the event in past years
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 25, 2022, 10:48:04 AM
Interesting given the MCACN judges are typically current MCA and SAAC judges.

+1.  Both times 5S003 was judged there (2019-Pinnacle, 2021-Milestone), it was all MCA judges.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 25, 2022, 10:57:20 AM
I actually think the venue is considerably more lenient based on my personal observations. Some people dont want real criticism and just think they are entitled to an award. Not saying thats the case here...

Know of a Shelby that was shown at MCACN last year that only had 1 point deducted.  It had received Bronze at MCA before that and then Silver at the 2nd MCA event.  Same car won Gold in Div 2 SAAC and Gold at French Lick.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

They are all good venues. Its unfortunate that politics and personalities have to be factors. It is a turn off for many people.

Coralsnake

Does anyone have pictures of the yellow KR convertible that was at the show?

Mikelj5S230

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 26, 2022, 07:27:26 AM
They are all good venues. Its unfortunate that politics and personalities have to be factors. It is a turn off for many people.

Agreed, it is what keeps many people out of this game.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Bill Collins

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 26, 2022, 08:39:52 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the yellow KR convertible that was at the show?

Pete, I was there all weekend and I don't recall seeing a yellow KR convertible.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Coralsnake

Poor Ron

For the 2023 show they will be highlighting Ford & Mercury vehicles.
Featuring a "Better Idea Big Block" Display for November 18+19