News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Engine bay Wiring Harness Mounting and Power Steering Lines.....

Started by FordGT, November 08, 2022, 11:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FordGT

Anyone have any pictures showing the correct fasteners and locations of the engine bay wiring harness mounting on the aprons? My harness is also laying loose on top of the front cross member? with no fasteners. 

How is the gauge pod wire harness attached on shock tower brace and is the harness wrapped with a clear plastic sheeting?

Do the power steering lines have any mounting clips and how are these routed, attach on lower apron?  I also need to replace my P/S cooling lines.  My car is mid Feb. GT350 and the lines look like they are textured or are so dried out that the nylon reinforcement is showing.  My lines are original and have never been changed.  Are they textured rubber lines?  Is so, where can I buy the correct rubber hose?

Any suggestions on replacing the head light bulbs for something more brighter?

Thanks for your help...

JD

Quote from: FordGT on November 08, 2022, 11:45:17 PM
Anyone have any pictures showing the correct fasteners and locations of the engine bay wiring harness mounting on the aprons? My harness is also laying loose on top of the front cross member? with no fasteners. 

The Osborn 1967 Mustang Electrical assembly manual will show the routing and the fasteners, AMK/NPD sells the fasteners.

How is the gauge pod wire harness attached on shock tower brace and is the harness wrapped with a clear plastic sheeting?

Is the "Mid -Feb" the Ford build date or the Shelby Completion date?  See attached for some options. Typically the Amp wires treatment and the tail light wires treatment (no-wrap or which wrap) match.

Do the power steering lines have any mounting clips and how are these routed, attach on lower apron?  I also need to replace my P/S cooling lines.  My car is mid Feb. GT350 and the lines look like they are textured or are so dried out that the nylon reinforcement is showing.  My lines are original and have never been changed.  Are they textured rubber lines?  Is so, where can I buy the correct rubber hose?

Thanks for your help...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FordGT on November 08, 2022, 11:45:17 PM

Thanks for your help...
The same smooth non textured P/S cooler hose was used throughout  67 Shelby production. I recently got a sample from Dead Nuts on and it looks very close if not on the nose. Get the hose from them.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FordGT

Thanks Bob, does the hoses have any type of clips or clamps that attaches the lower hose on the drivers apron?  Or does the line just hang loose? 

Also, wiring harness crossing the front X-member,  my harness is just laying loose on top.  Did Shelby have any special clip for the harness?  Original Ford clips can't be used because of nose cone attached on top of the X-member. 

If anyone needs pix's, I still have the gray clips on the hood support for the inboard light harness and I just replace my original coil spring which have a white, violet and Yellow stripes on them for detailing.

Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FordGT on November 09, 2022, 04:51:32 PM
Thanks Bob, does the hoses have any type of clips or clamps that attaches the lower hose on the drivers apron?  Or does the line just hang loose? 

Also, wiring harness crossing the front X-member,  my harness is just laying loose on top.  Did Shelby have any special clip for the harness?  Original Ford clips can't be used because of nose cone attached on top of the X-member. 

If anyone needs pix's, I still have the gray clips on the hood support for the inboard light harness and I just replace my original coil spring which have a white, violet and Yellow stripes on them for detailing.

Thanks
The hoses do not have anything holding them to the apron. sometimes but not always they will have a zip tie holding the two hoses together. No special clips holding the headlight harness to the front cross member .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby