News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

He bought the cheapest Demon Challenger on the planet

Started by deathsled, January 12, 2023, 12:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Exculpatory language:  I make no warranties express or implied that the viewer will be suitably entertained by this video nor are any warranties made that this will not be a waste of your time.  Caveat emptor. Your mileage may vary.  Not valid in every state.  Please check your local laws.  Parental guidance advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7LhWhfsvk
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Little gorilla tape and j.b. Weld and he's back on the road....As they say at B.J. "Well bought." :oThanks for sharing.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

This is no different than any car that is sold as a salvage. It CAN be repaired...
Btw, a lot of Challengers are sold as rebuilt/salvage. Seen several Mustangs too. Beware!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Quote from: crossboss on January 12, 2023, 12:46:15 PM
This is no different than any car that is sold as a salvage. It CAN be repaired...
Btw, a lot of Challengers are sold as rebuilt/salvage. Seen several Mustangs too. Beware!

Good advice.  One day I will own a Challenger.  Widebody or Demon is my desire.  A records search is always paramount. That and some good forensics on the body for telltale signs.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on January 12, 2023, 02:00:29 PM
Quote from: crossboss on January 12, 2023, 12:46:15 PM

Good advice.  One day I will own a Challenger.  Widebody or Demon is my desire.  A records search is always paramount. That and some good forensics on the body for telltale signs.

No prob. I am also in the market for a Challenger. Be careful, as many do have 'salvaged', or 'rebuilt titles'. Pass on every one you encounter. A VIN check is in order for ANY used vehicle you intend to buy.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30