Author Topic: 8T02S134557-01004 on BAT  (Read 2030 times)

5s386

• View Profile

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: 8T02S134557-01004 on BAT
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 07:21:03 AM »
That's the one that previously had the pea green stripes.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 09:10:21 AM »
Stunning car
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »

Looks great, but a little research might dissuade some.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 11:48:43 AM by Coralsnake »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 04:54:49 PM »

Is that so....

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

5s386

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 10:32:59 PM »

Yes. I saw pictures of it before the restoration. Coralsnake remembers the history, and I can confirm.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 10:39:59 PM »

Yes. I saw pictures of it before the restoration. Coralsnake remembers the history, and I can confirm.

" It's a great market for Shelbys, no matter the past history."

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 07:16:40 AM »

" It's a great market for Shelbys, no matter the past history."
The coralsnake has a vast collection of pics of cars over the decades many before they were restored and just projects. His take on many 68s that are "restored" is invaluable. Many do not know the past history nor care to do their homework. In some cases that may come back to bite them in the rear. Too many are worried more about "matching numbers" than the "bones" of the car. I'd argue the bones are more important that a stamped block-some which are more than likely a restamp anyways.
 Tony, about stunning....Pics don't always tell the story. Cars need to be seen in person. Many say the car below is stunning. It's a #3 driver quality car and I'm OK with that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 07:22:25 AM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 07:44:42 AM »
No shame in having a #3 or # 4 or # 5 car.....Just a regular guy

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 08:47:28 AM »
No shame in having a #3 or # 4 or # 5 car.....Just a regular guy
I never said there was only stating that in pics my car looks like a number 1 car but it isn't. Still a sharp car. Paint is 32 years old and still shines. Has some dings on the car. other flaws. Underside dirty and headers and exhaust are  surface rusty but the car goes like hell as I'm sure Dan can attest to. loud and sounds mean.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 09:33:46 AM »
Yup! Gary gave the Mach 1 the sorting and once over it needed to be a great street and fun car. I had it good and it ran, but it needed cleaning up and detailing, and now she's a great fun car.

Then again, those who really know me, know I am a non-original guy. I like them set up to run, handle, and be a better driver than when stock. That Mach saw many an open track at SAAC conventions, ran like a beast! And drove home.

And now, I have the screwiest replica Cobra out there, and it's getting more! But it's set for the track, and very few can run with it and still be street legal.

To each their own, most important is to be happy with what you have, and enjoy it.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 10:11:07 AM »
Yup! Gary gave the Mach 1 the sorting and once over it needed to be a great street and fun car. I had it good and it ran, but it needed cleaning up and detailing, and now she's a great fun car.

Then again, those who really know me, know I am a non-original guy. I like them set up to run, handle, and be a better driver than when stock. That Mach saw many an open track at SAAC conventions, ran like a beast! And drove home.

And now, I have the screwiest replica Cobra out there, and it's getting more! But it's set for the track, and very few can run with it and still be street legal.

To each their own, most important is to be happy with what you have, and enjoy it.
When I start of the car and the way it sounds I nicknamed it the beast. When I fire it up anywhere people know its running. Dan, you put an appropriate exhaust "note" on my car. The only real change is a factory date coded correct  "M" code restored carb back on it.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 10:51:17 AM »
The moral of the story here is dont believe anyone that tells you the car is "like factory" or "stunning" if they are selling a car or trolling the forum.

Do your own research and get some help if you have questions. Then you can make an informed decision on the car you want
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 11:13:11 AM by Coralsnake »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2022, 11:33:10 AM »

+1
To all the common folks like us, this buds for you cheers!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 11:52:43 AM »

I find some of the responses here and on BAT are a bit disingenuous (not yours Pete). Love those who state what a specific car should have sold for, or how a car was a steal, how nicely restored the car is, or something along those lines, without really know what they are looking at. I've been caught in such situations in the past, and have greatly reeled in my comments as to price and such. Much easier to stick to the basics, and how the car is being presented, and what may be incorrect, so as to educate those who are not certain what they are looking at. As an enthusiast, I find this gratifying, as I'm hopefully keeping someone from spending their hard earned money on a "shiny bauble" that may just not be 100% what the seller or the description states it is. Not making it about anything but the car, and the car alone. Wish someone had the common courtesy to do that for me in the past, instead of keeping that knowledge base to themselves. Probably would have saved me from a headache or two, but I view those as learning/teaching moments that I've yet to experience.  As far as being a buyer or a seller, it comes down to wants and needs. Does the car you are looking at as a buyer push all of your buttons, are you looking for originality, or are you looking for the experience of just owning one. Do you want to show it, or drive it, do you care if it's 100% correct, or not, and a host of other items far too numerous to list, at least in my head. As a seller, are you being as honest as you can be, with your personal knowledge on the subject? If you are, fantastic, you are the type of seller we all hope to find, if you are not, well, that too can come back to haunt you, in ways you could not imagine......I'll leave it, and this thread, with this post as it's own stand alone.

Wishing everyone well.

Bill

PS: Edit for spelling
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 12:04:35 PM by Bill »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0