News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Paint/body shop recommendation

Started by kram350, November 13, 2022, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kram350

Looking for a paint and body shop recommendation, leads, etc...to do my GT500. Southeast US preferred. Thanks 

67 GT350

I aint telling until MY cars get done!

Depends how much you want to do on it yourself, translation, how lazy or how cheap you are? Around here there are many hot rod places that can put down nice paint, they won't know anything about a Mustang body but....Then there are restoration shops that either know the car, or do research about a car....either way, you have to trust.....I trusted 4 guys to steal money from me and the 5th guy did a fantastic job, (an actual Shelby/Ford Restoration guy in NY). That came under the category of, should have just paid the money and let the 5th guy do it right off the bat. For total, the same money in the end and having the car to enjoy 7 years sooner.
RARE  Signature Delete

shlby66

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 14, 2022, 11:47:15 AM
I aint telling until MY cars get done!

the 5th guy did a fantastic job, (an actual Shelby/Ford Restoration guy in NY). That came under the category of, should have just paid the money and let the 5th guy do it right off the bat. For total, the same money in the end and having the car to enjoy 7 years sooner.

If the 5th guy was Brion Thompkins at Brion's Race Cars, Montgomery, NY you have a Winner!
     Brion painted my Shelby, and I am really pleased. So are the others, that had Brion, paint their Shelby's     

Doug C. & 6S188

67 GT350

My car was Randy at SuperStang. Not sure if he is doing cars anymore, but my Boss was done back in 2016?
RARE  Signature Delete