News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 Fan Shroud Repair

Started by bullitt1939, May 12, 2023, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullitt1939

Does anyone repair fan shrouds. Mine has a crack on the top. Not sure the cause, maybe heat or age. I bought a new one, but it's a smooth finish. I was just seeing if this one could be repaired.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: bullitt1939 on May 12, 2023, 11:18:17 PM
Does anyone repair fan shrouds. Mine has a crack on the top. Not sure the cause, maybe heat or age. I bought a new one, but it's a smooth finish. I was just seeing if this one could be repaired.
I have seen some that were repaired where you couldn't tell that it had been and others that have been repaired where you can clearly see the repair. I have also seen the modern smooth otherwise nice reproduction doctored to have a finish like the assemblyline one. It all depends on the re finishers expertise.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 13, 2023, 09:50:52 AM
I have seen some that were repaired where you couldn't tell that it had been and others that have been repaired where you can clearly see the repair. I have also seen the modern smooth otherwise nice reproduction doctored to have a finish like the assemblyline one. It all depends on the re finishers expertise.

the "Immings Technic" come to mind ;-)

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on May 13, 2023, 10:17:40 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 13, 2023, 09:50:52 AM

the "Immings Technic" come to mind ;-)
Yep . :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby