News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

HURRY - Get your Vegas F1 tickets and room before they are all gone

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, November 16, 2022, 04:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: TA Coupe on November 19, 2022, 02:22:06 AM
Connie has also been known to fly goods in need during times of crisis for free.

Roy

When Darrell Gwynn was injured in England at Santa pod I heard Connie flew him home on mobile hospital plane at no cost.
Never said the man wasn't generous, but i remember seeing him and Scott "having" a discussion"  in the pits at Englishtown when Scott was driving Top/Fuel The language was legendary, plus the added physical moving of some smaller objects
Englishtown was the site of many a great NHRA moments, Jungle Jim's wheel stand in the final one year and then coming back the next year and winning funny car. Gartlis blow over, Scotts accident. the pit side yelling "the other side sucks" to the spectator side, bravely placing a small wager or two on the pit side grand stand up under the tree with some of the locals, having a drunk Jenkins stumble into our borrowed motorhome parked at the end of the grandstand, smuggling 22 cases of beer into the pits, partying with the racers in the pits until 2:00am while rebuilds were going on, the list goes on and on, and this is just Englishtown, other stores include Indy, Columbus,  and many smaller points races at NHRA drag strips
Wasted a lot of time and money to get these kind of memories
And don't get me started on the early days of match racing in the late 60's through about 1975, now those times were legendary
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on November 19, 2022, 08:24:43 PM
Quote from: TA Coupe on November 19, 2022, 02:22:06 AM

When Darrell Gwynn was injured in England at Santa pod I heard Connie flew him home on mobile hospital plane at no cost.
Never said the man wasn't generous, but i remember seeing him and Scott "having" a discussion"  in the pits at Englishtown when Scott was driving Top/Fuel The language was legendary, plus the added physical moving of some smaller objects
Englishtown was the site of many a great NHRA moments, Jungle Jim's wheel stand in the final one year and then coming back the next year and winning funny car. Gartlis blow over, Scotts accident. the pit side yelling "the other side sucks" to the spectator side, bravely placing a small wager or two on the pit side grand stand up under the tree with some of the locals, having a drunk Jenkins stumble into our borrowed motorhome parked at the end of the grandstand, smuggling 22 cases of beer into the pits, partying with the racers in the pits until 2:00am while rebuilds were going on, the list goes on and on, and this is just Englishtown, other stores include Indy, Columbus,  and many smaller points races at NHRA drag strips
Wasted a lot of time and money to get these kind of memories
And don't get me started on the early days of match racing in the late 60's through about 1975, now those times were legendary

Two thumbs up on the good old days and "the kid" is a great man !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert