News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

First Ford in the family

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, November 17, 2022, 02:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

My grandmother. Her mom & nephew on steps at sisters farm in Midland MI. About 1911-12. When I was a kid we played on the old Fordson tractor in their barn.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Corey Bowcutt

Awesome photo.  Thank you for sharing.

Corey

TA Coupe

FL SAAC will be along shortly to tell you how hot she is 😛

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Great image and capture of a family memory.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Brett, you sure have a bunch of great old-time family mementos.  The big box I had with all of my grandparents' stuff got stolen by movers, but I didn't miss it for about six months. By then, too late.

I learned from that to never write much about what's in any box that a mover will see or touch.  I remember having written something like "Grandma's silverware, etc." 

Now I write "Old Gym Socks, Box 1", etc.  I keep a separate list of what's in each box, and it makes the moving company guys wonder why anyone'd have 200+ boxes of old gym socks.   Haven't lost a box ever since.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 18, 2022, 09:14:51 PM
Brett, you sure have a bunch of great old-time family mementos.  The big box I had with all of my grandparents' stuff got stolen by movers, but I didn't miss it for about six months. By then, too late.
That sucks - My dad's mom was into antiques. She went to all the estate sales and bought/sold stuff to the dealers. When she passed it was hard sorting everything out. We've got a few items that were her parents and she had pulled all the photos out and wrote on the back who they were. I've been scanning them just so they don't disappear.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless