Author Topic: When did Bendix changed from raised letters to embossed letters control valves  (Read 1157 times)

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Can someone here tell me exactly when the Bendix Control Valves were changed to embossed letters? I have some here and some are 68s. But the raised letter I normally see on earlier mustangs around 67. Is that correct, every information is appreciated. And when exactly did ford changed the pressure port sizes. Was it really from 67 to 68 model so there are no 67s with the larger port? I just wonder if maybe then they changed the casting and started also with the embossed letters.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 02:23:09 PM by Kent »
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

Special Ed

• View Profile
They are date stamped on end of spool cap.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
A power valve is made by Holley. It's part of a carburetor.

The part in your photos is a Bendix power steering CONTROL VALVE.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Yes sorry for my English, and I know that they have the dates on the cap as I have 20-25 of those here but I can't see when they changed. I just checked some and I also have 68s with the larger port and raised letters so it was changed later to embossed and not with the change of the port size. So if someone can help here that would be great.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

TLea

• View Profile
Yes sorry for my English
We are knew what you were talking about

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
No idea on this? I stuck a little bit and when I check them all it looks like the change maybe came in 69, maybe we have someone here that rebuild much more then I did and can tell us more, thanks...