News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 Air Filter Assembly Dual Quad and Outboard Grille

Started by Kent, November 17, 2022, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

I just was working on some stuff and found these parts in my shelf, I think the lid could be 68 from my opinion as I have some 67 here and they look different and I remember from a 68 I had that had the same lid.

The base I´m not sure where its originally from but it was on a 67 Gt500 that was pretty original and nothing was changed on it since the 80s.

The grilles were from a stable of parts I bought some years ago. Seller said original Shelby parts, but I´m not so sure.

Thanks for the help.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Kent

Kent

Kent

Can we maybe move this thread to the 67 shelby section, I´m hoping for some answers. thanks....

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on November 17, 2022, 03:41:52 PM
I just was working on some stuff and found these parts in my shelf, I think the lid could be 68 from my opinion as I have some 67 here and they look different and I remember from a 68 I had that had the same lid.

The base I´m not sure where its originally from but it was on a 67 Gt500 that was pretty original and nothing was changed on it since the 80s.

The grilles were from a stable of parts I bought some years ago. Seller said original Shelby parts, but I´m not so sure.

Thanks for the help.
Regardless of if the base or lid were found on a Shelby at one time they were not original to the car. Both appear to be reproductions . The grills however appear genuine from what I can see.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Thanks TA Coupe for the thread I was searching for this one. And thanks Bob for your opinion that was exactly my thought for the grilles and one was bought from a sac member and the other one was from my Gt500. But I was not sure with the air filter assembly yes the bottom don't look like original or lets say later produced but the lid compared to some of the others I have where I know these are original ones are just a little bit different to each other. So were they maybe produced in the 70s-80s by Shelby?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on November 29, 2022, 10:50:59 AM
Thanks TA Coupe for the thread I was searching for this one. And thanks Bob for your opinion that was exactly my thought for the grilles and one was bought from a sac member and the other one was from my Gt500. But I was not sure with the air filter assembly yes the bottom don't look like original or lets say later produced but the lid compared to some of the others I have where I know these are original ones are just a little bit different to each other. So were they maybe produced in the 70s-80s by Shelby?
The lid loos like a sand cast repro of the diecast lid . The letters are different and so is the bottom side . The thickness , metal texture and mold process are different compared to a original. It is more likely a Tony Branda repro from the late 70's. They have been having them made for that long.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Ok that sounds good, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. And its funny just talking about this and then this came up on craigslist, looks like the same one I have

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/7562826188.html