News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

New Bullit Movie

Started by FL SAAC, November 18, 2022, 02:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

This remake has been kicking around since the 1980s. We interviewed Chad McQueen around late 1989 about this. He was supposed to take the part of his dad, Steve in an attempted remake. It, like some 'remakes' kicking around Hollywood, eg; 'The Towering Inferno', and the Carroll Shelby movie stalled because of funding and casting issues. Not to be a naysayer, this 'new' version will probably be a turd.
On another note, the proposed 'In The Year 2525' film is slated to be directed by either Oliver Stone or Steven Spielburg, and to be released on 2/25/2025.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Tomdeg

In 2012, I worked on a TV show called "Alcatraz". I was the Sound Supervisor. The episode featured a recreation of the Bullitt car chase. Ford was involved and they loaned me a new GT to record. We recreated all of the Mustang sounds for the chase. I was a fun project and Ford had a link to it on their website for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMm8opT7Ro

deathsled

Frank Bullitt will drive a Prius. The bad guys will have an EV of some sort. It must be kept environmentally friendly or feelings will be hurt. And we absolutely cannot have that.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on November 18, 2022, 03:25:06 PM
Frank Bullitt will drive a Prius. The bad guys will have an EV of some sort. It must be kept environmentally friendly or feelings will be hurt. And we absolutely cannot have that.

Found a picture of the guy who will play the bad guy driving the EV

Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

Right on

They say that this E-guy  is a bad mother xxxxxxxxx......
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' 'bout E- guy.....

Sorry thats the theme to Shaft not Bullit

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

No import trash for the new Frank - It'll be a highland green Mach-E vs some E-Fiat. ........ just when I thought there would be no more Bullitt Mustangs produced. The Borla E-xaust will feature the sound track from the original movie.
In the final chase shot he will be sliding through a pile of poop into a homeless encampment - gotta keep it real.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 18, 2022, 04:40:31 PM
No import trash for the new Frank - It'll be a highland green Mach-E vs some E-Fiat. ........ just when I thought there would be no more Bullitt Mustangs produced. The Borla E-xaust will feature the sound track from the original movie.
In the final chase shot he will be sliding through a pile of poop into a homeless encampment - gotta keep it real.

No, no, the 'villain' will be driving one of those evil gas powered cars....lol
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Now that's funny! But also sad because it's likely true.

deathsled

Quote from: crossboss on November 19, 2022, 11:24:17 AM

No, no, the 'villain' will be driving one of those evil gas powered cars....lol
That makes more sense.

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Tomdeg on November 18, 2022, 02:47:23 PM
In 2012, I worked on a TV show called "Alcatraz". I was the Sound Supervisor. The episode featured a recreation of the Bullitt car chase. Ford was involved and they loaned me a new GT to record. We recreated all of the Mustang sounds for the chase. I was a fun project and Ford had a link to it on their website for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEMm8opT7Ro
[/I]

That's pretty damm cool. Very nice job on the scene-matching...and on the audio mixing!

I like that chick. She can drive stick. 

Who were the stunt drivers?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

You know the more I read and hear about the new "BULLIT"....It just my turn out to be a blank....

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 19, 2022, 09:02:21 PM
You know the more I read and hear about the new "BULLIT"....It just my turn out to be a blank....

Tony,
Most Hollywood 're-makes' are turds in my opinion. Why ruin a good original? Hollywood can't make films anymore. Its just a re-hash on the re-hashes over and over again. Sadly, its now a woke world, and the agenda has to have a pc agenda. Also, look at the canceling of comedians these days. People can't take a joke anymore.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Don Johnston

If it's Hollywood, Bullit, rhymes with bull$^!%. 8)

crossboss

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Tomdeg

[/quote][/I]

That's pretty damm cool. Very nice job on the scene-matching...and on the audio mixing!

I like that chick. She can drive stick. 

Who were the stunt drivers?
[/quote]

Thanks, not sure who was driving on camera, but I did all the driving during the record. 2 mikes under the hood, 2 mikes on the interior, one in the trunk, and one taped to the rear bumper. Plus, a second guy with a boom mike running along side and for pass bys.  9 hours of recording for a 3 minute scene, lol. Lots of vehicular abuse that day.