News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

MCACN photos. November 20, 2022

Started by deathsled, November 20, 2022, 09:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

roddster

My point of view, photos to follow.
   Always a good show.  Finally saw a 67 GT500 with the two piece nose.  The early/prototype 65 display was excellent, then there was another area where there was 67's. I had a long chat with Tony who owed a blue 67 GT500.
    During that time a fellow named "Max" who was from the Netherlands, was asking about the scoop lights on car #0051 (right next to Tony's GT500).  Right comment at the right time as I own #0036.  Turns out Max owns 6 67 Shelbys and also a 66.
   Back at Vintage Authentication area , there were a 69/70 Shelby convertible, and a 65 GT 350 - original family owners, plus a 70 Mustang 428 car.
  All by itself there was a 66 GT 350 carryover car #0248.  The owners were from Lakeland Florida.  Small world as my wife's grandmother lived there and my father-in-law built a house there.
   Ran into Nick G who owns 67 #1690 (no he didn't buy me dinner) as he was looking over Bill Collins's 65 GT 350 prototype.  Nick introduced me to Bill and, Bill and I both have owned our Shelbys for 52 years.  Teeny-tiny world isn't it?
   More Cougars at the show this year than I have ever seen in one place, including a 68 GTE with a 427 engine.

We've all seen the photos of that 70 Superbird that floated out of the garage and ended up top down outside haven't we?  It was at the show. (ah, no photo taken) It was said that it will be repaired and at the MCACN show in about two years.

roddster

Ford GT, the blue GT500 spent a lot of time in Italy, that is the reason for the side marker lights.

roddster

Well optioned convertible, 428and all. 71 Mach I, Malaise era Mustangs including two SVO's

roddster

roddster

The 65 with the T-bird tail lights.   Nick G sitting in Bill Collin's 65.  (I thought Nick was going to buy it) The 66 Carryover car,

roddster

The two at the Vintage Certification area.

roddster

Cougar's.  Had to get the close-up of the hood decal.
  The 68 427 GTE

roddster

Cougars:  The 69 is an Eliminator but I have no idea what is under the hood.
  The 67 is said to have had a 289 that ran low 13's in the quarter mile.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

great pictures by all, thank you for posting
If you've never been to this show put it on your bucket list
The pictures don't do it justice and meeting the owners makes it even more special
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Mikelj5S230

I was proud to display my Corvette tanker collection, all years made, 1963-1967,  in one spot for the first time.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

FL SAAC

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on November 23, 2022, 10:08:30 AM
I was proud to display my Corvette tanker collection, all years made, 1963-1967,  in one spot for the first time.

Simply stunning
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Cbuczesk

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on November 23, 2022, 10:08:30 AM

Did you win the Carlisle Events award for nicest Corvette?

Chuck