News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Gas Monkey video

Started by Coralsnake, November 21, 2022, 06:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

I think they were all stripe delete

:D

OkieShelbyMan

I don't know when this video was created or when Gas Monkey visited Muskogee Oklahoma to see these cars.  I attended an auction in Shawnee Oklahoma last Saturday and I believe the very same 63 split window corvette was auctioned off; the details of the owner and the corvette appear identical. It sold for 140K. The offer of 130K from Richard was very accurate based on the condition of the car. I wonder where the 68 Shelby convertible is?

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

papa scoops

not stripe delete. since the stripe was not available, it wouldn't be a delete option

Coralsnake

The location of the Shelby will be revealed soon 😉 I dont want to take anyones glory

Side-Oilers

I purposely haven't watched anything that Azz Monkey Richard has been involved with for a few years, but does it seem to you guys like he's mellowed a bit in his old-ish age?

I didn't watch the entire video, but I didn't see one devil's horns hand gesture or hear that goofy WHHHOOOP noise he makes. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Royce Peterson

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 21, 2022, 05:08:07 PM
I purposely haven't watched anything that Azz Monkey Richard has been involved with for a few years, but does it seem to you guys like he's mellowed a bit in his old-ish age?
It must be those early morning beers.
Alcohol is classified as a Central Nervous System Depressant, meaning that it slows down brain functioning and neural activity. .......
Alcohol can depress the central nervous system so much that it results in impairment such as slurred speech, unsteady movement, disturbed perceptions, and an inability to react quickly. Alcohol reduces an individual's ability to think rationally, lessens inhibitions, and distorts judgment.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

propayne

Besides the "stripe delete" gaffe, I also noticed the car has Lucas lights (that is if the Marchal statement was even correct).

A black originally ordered by Playboy GT350 is very cool tho - sounds like it is in good hands now hopefully.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

The ten cars were actually loaned to Playboy for the grand opening of the Lake Geneva club. I think there were two cars that stayed at the club for a year. So far, I haven't seen the pictures, but I suspect there are some.

Obviously Playboy and Shelby had a  long relationship

tesgt350

Quote from: OkieShelbyMan on November 21, 2022, 02:30:48 PM
I don't know when this video was created or when Gas Monkey visited Muskogee Oklahoma to see these cars.  I attended an auction in Shawnee Oklahoma last Saturday and I believe the very same 63 split window corvette was auctioned off; the details of the owner and the corvette appear identical. It sold for 140K. The offer of 130K from Richard was very accurate based on the condition of the car. I wonder where the 68 Shelby convertible is?

It must have been done a while back because he kept talking about talking to and needing to call, his Jeep Buddy (can't remember his name) and they have parted ways a couple Years ago.

FL SAAC

Quote from: tesgt350 on November 22, 2022, 01:02:44 PM

It must have been done a while back because he kept talking about talking to and needing to call, his Jeep Buddy (can't remember his name) and they have parted ways a couple Years ago.

Dennis
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tesgt350

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 22, 2022, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: tesgt350 on November 22, 2022, 01:02:44 PM

Dennis

YEP, that's him.  Richard kept talking as if they were still best buds.