News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Gas Monkey video

Started by Coralsnake, November 21, 2022, 06:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on November 22, 2022, 01:02:44 PM
Quote from: OkieShelbyMan on November 21, 2022, 02:30:48 PM
I don't know when this video was created or when Gas Monkey visited Muskogee Oklahoma to see these cars.  I attended an auction in Shawnee Oklahoma last Saturday and I believe the very same 63 split window corvette was auctioned off; the details of the owner and the corvette appear identical. It sold for 140K. The offer of 130K from Richard was very accurate based on the condition of the car. I wonder where the 68 Shelby convertible is?

It must have been done a while back because he kept talking about talking to and needing to call, his Jeep Buddy (can't remember his name) and they have parted ways a couple Years ago.

Only posted a week ago and the cars just sold. Dennis was Richard's wallet until he figured out he could do it himself - cheaper. Richard doesn't strike me as having a 1/4 mil in cash lying around but does seem to shop for cars he has clients ready to buy.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

I'm not sure you are up to speed on other peoples relationships.

Lol  :D

crossboss

Like Van mentioned, and I agree. Richard Rawlins of Gas Monkey Garage is the most annoying guy/show on cable. He ruins everything he touches.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Coralsnake

I guess I am no more annoyed by him, than any other actor. Its a shtick. Its served him well and I don't begrudge someone being successful. There are a lot of people that are a lot more annoying.

crossboss

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 23, 2022, 08:20:02 AM
I guess I am no more annoyed by him, than any other actor. Its a shtick. Its served him well and I don't begrudge someone being successful. There are a lot of people that are a lot more annoying.

Yes, I agree. The guy on 'Graveyard Cars' (forgot his name) is also very annoying. However, he does turn out beautifully restored Mopars. You can see the passion he has for those cars. Rawlins is just another wheeler dealer TV pitchman...only out for the fame and cash.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on November 23, 2022, 11:45:30 AM
Quote from: Coralsnake on November 23, 2022, 08:20:02 AM

Yes, I agree. The guy on 'Graveyard Cars' (forgot his name) is also very annoying. However, he does turn out beautifully restored Mopars. You can see the passion he has for those cars. Rawlins is just another wheeler dealer TV pitchman...only out for the fame and cash.

"Common man" stop having those senior moments....

"It's Mopar or No Car" Mr. Mark Worman
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert