News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Document search

Started by thewee, November 21, 2022, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewee

Hello everyone, new member here!

I am the owner of #2664, a Sunlit Gold 1968 GT500. The car belonged to my dad who got it in May of 1971 and owned it until his sudden death in 2020.

Recently I've begun searching for any original documents that may exist. I already have the original build ticket, the original invoice from the used car lot where dad got it, and dad's original title from 1971.

I was wondering if maybe SAAC would possess any of the original warranty paperwork or anything else associated with this car? Ultimately I would like to find the name of who ordered the car since they would be the only other owner.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Coralsnake

Vinman@infionline.net

Vincent will help you

Please post some pictures
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

thewee

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 21, 2022, 01:23:11 PM
Vinman@infionline.net

Vincent will help you

Please post some pictures

Thank you!

You already have one of dad in his graduation gown on your site. I'll dig up some more and post them.

I do own the registry. I actually got it for dad for Christmas and he passed away on Christmas Eve. There's a copy of the page with his listing in his casket with him.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll email Vincent.

Coralsnake

Sorry to hear that and glad to help

Coralsnake

QuickSilverShelby

Contact Marti Autoworks at https://www.martiauto.com/  They have original documents for some 68 Shelby's.  I got my original order form from them for my car #1394.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

thewee

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on November 21, 2022, 07:17:03 PM
Contact Marti Autoworks at https://www.martiauto.com/  They have original documents for some 68 Shelby's.  I got my original order form from them for my car #1394.

QSS

I was pretty disappointed to find out that they don't have anything on my car. I ordered the replica window sticker, but it just doesn't have the cool factor that an original invoice would have, haha.

I contacted Lois YEARS ago and at the time she said she didn't have access to this one, but thought it was in her storage unit. Years went by then sadly she passed away and I didn't think much of it until I found out Kevin ended up with them.

Thanks for the input, everyone and have a Merry Christmas.

98SVT - was 06GT

68-70 were all produced by Ford so any details need to come from them. SAAC has been able to gather a lot of info but not the minute details of every car. Warranty work would have been paid to the dealer by Ford and those records probably hit the dumpster in the 70s or 80s.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

Respectfully disagree. SAAC has the details on all the 68-70 cars produced and warranty records on almost all of those according to the 2020 Registry

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 21, 2022, 01:23:11 PM

Vinman@infionline.net

Vincent will help you

This  8)

Vince is the 1968-1970 Shelby registrar and will have far more information then Kevin Marti.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

SCJSTU

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on December 23, 2022, 07:02:33 PM
68-70 were all produced by Ford so any details need to come from them. SAAC has been able to gather a lot of info but not the minute details of every car. Warranty work would have been paid to the dealer by Ford and those records probably hit the dumpster in the 70s or 80s.

I got copies of all the warranty work performed on my 69 GT350 convertible From the 69 SAAC registrar in 2021.
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

thewee

I came up with a timeline from the information I've gathered so far and it leads to a few questions. Maybe you guys can help me fill in the blanks.

Car actually built (from the Marti report): 3/8/68
Shipped to Bologna Ford Sales: 4/14/68
Sold (from Marti repro window sticker): 2/2/69

Did it ship from A.O. Smith to the dealership on 4/14/68?
Where did the sold date from the window sticker come from? Is this the date the dealership sold it?

From the registry I know that on 2/12/69 the heads, valves, and gaskets were replaced as a new unit with 11,000 miles.

Where did the 11,000 come from?

I found an ad from the same dealer that simply listed "68 Shelby automatic". I thought maybe since they were a non-franchise dealer this could have been an ad for mine, but the date of the paper was Oct 12, 1969. Could it have actually sold as late as this?

The Marti report lists the dealer as Jim Dellaria Ford. I know it's not uncommon for multiple dealers to be involved, but where did this dealer come into it if they weren't a Shelby dealer either?

Sorry for all of the dumb questions, I've just always wanted to pin down these details.

Coralsnake

I came up with a timeline from the information I've gathered so far and it leads to a few questions. Maybe you guys can help me fill in the blanks.

Car actually built (from the Marti report): 3/8/68
Shipped to Bologna Ford Sales: 4/14/68
Sold (from Marti repro window sticker): 2/2/69

Did it ship from A.O. Smith to the dealership on 4/14/68?  MOST LIKELY YES
Where did the sold date from the window sticker come from? Is this the date the dealership sold it? MOST LIKELY YES

From the registry I know that on 2/12/69 the heads, valves, and gaskets were replaced as a new unit with 11,000 miles.

Where did the 11,000 come from? WARRANTY PAPERS ARE THE MOST LIKELY SOURCE

I found an ad from the same dealer that simply listed "68 Shelby automatic". I thought maybe since they were a non-franchise dealer this could have been an ad for mine, but the date of the paper was Oct 12, 1969. Could it have actually sold as late as this? THAT WOULD SEEM UNLIKELY SINCE YOU HAVE AN EARLIER DATE

The Marti report lists the dealer as Jim Dellaria Ford. I know it's not uncommon for multiple dealers to be involved, but where did this dealer come into it if they weren't a Shelby dealer either?

THIS INFORMATION IS AT ODDS WITH SHELBY REGISTRY, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE REGISTRAR AND OBTAIN COPIES OF THE DOCUMENTS ON FILE

thewee

Thanks for the quick reply, Pete.

I guess my question about the 11,000 miles is more how did it get 11,000 miles on it and still be considered a new unit. Did the owner of the dealership have himself a nice ride for about ten months before letting it go? haha

I figured the dealerships were related somehow since they were located in the same small town in Pennsylvania. I contacted Vince a few months ago about the warranty paperwork, maybe he'll chime in here.

Thanks again!