Author Topic: Two smart guys chime in on the US economy  (Read 1539 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Two smart guys chime in on the US economy
« on: November 22, 2022, 08:19:46 AM »
Hang on......

Jeff Bezos' top tips for managing the economic downturn - CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/14/economy/jeff-bezos-economy/index.html

Tesla jobs: Elon Musk has 'super bad feeling' on economy - CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/03/tech/elon-musk-tesla-jobs-economy/index.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 11:50:09 AM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Two smart guys ch8me in on the US economy
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 10:54:07 AM »
And it really does not take them to tell me things are not good, hell we dont even know how to vote the right way, and when the voting is questionable, AKA AZ and others we do not question it. What the HELL do we expect....? My famous line, "I guess this is what we wanted"
RARE  Signature Delete

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
Re: Two smart guys chime in on the US economy
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 06:23:33 PM »
Lets look back on some bad economic history here:
Who was President during 'The Great Depression' in the 1930s-early 1940's?
Who was President in 1978-1979?
Who was President (and VP) during the 'Great Recession'?
Who is now President?
Clue: Democrats.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 06:27:09 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 11:41:49 PM »
SPEND, SPEND, SPEND our way out of deficit!   
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 09:14:49 AM »
Time to invest in the country and fix the infrastructure and especially the grid not to mention security from foreign and domestic hackers. These would be great investments for the future. Beats the hell out of giving money back to rich folks to support their lifestyles. We all know in their good hearts; they really need that mega-yacht so they can hire workers to keep it afloat.

I also wonder how folks vote. Can't imagine the mentality of someone who could vote for Margorie Taylor-Green, Lauren Boebert or Herschel Walker. Must be the water in their districts? If this is the future leadership and you think things are bad now!

Don
gt350bp

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 09:46:42 AM »
C H A N G E

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 11:50:12 AM »
Time to invest in the country and fix the infrastructure and especially the grid not to mention security from foreign and domestic hackers. These would be great investments for the future. Beats the hell out of giving money back to rich folks to support their lifestyles. We all know in their good hearts; they really need that mega-yacht so they can hire workers to keep it afloat.

I also wonder how folks vote. Can't imagine the mentality of someone who could vote for Margorie Taylor-Green, Lauren Boebert or Herschel Walker. Must be the water in their districts? If this is the future leadership and you think things are bad now!

Don
gt350bp

Then why is everyone moving to those (red) States from Cali, NY and other red states? I cannot think of one Demo worth voting for. I guess you think Michigan government is honest? I guess you think DC is honest? Know anything about the Prez's son Hunter? Probably not. How about the "Big Guy". How about Nancy, bet she is on the up, with insider trading? How about NY's finest Andy? Remember the nursing home stories during co-vi-d? What crime in the streets, hey how about all that nice stuff going on in Chiago? No violence there.....
There would be plenty more to bring up, but it would never sink in as you know "pick the one with the D, no matter what they are"
I left that left many years ago....
RARE  Signature Delete

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 11:50:31 AM »

Don
gt350bp

Can't imagine people vote for the jack-ass party like Polosi, Biden, Stacey Abrams, Eric Adams, and Gavin Newsome. Those ARE the problem people...and the voters deserve what they get. Crap.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 08:02:12 PM »
Wow! And you can defend the ones I mentioned as well as Palin and Trump? All mentioned are college flunkies that you want to steer the ship? Don't know much about some of the ones you mentioned, but I do believe Pelosi will be looked at kindly in U.S. history. If you listen to the Fox News flunkies, then she is the devil, but I choose to get my news from other sources than "opinion hosts". I get enough opinions from the rest of the old guys at the local Panera.

Don't know about you but my net worth has significantly increased over the last few years. Yes, I pay more for certain things, but as long as more is coming in than going out, I'm good to go. My former company is generating record revenue like many others so why would I want to go back to trickledown economics"?  I prefer to go forward than to backtrack to status quo. Just like any good company that invests in itself, how can we not invest in our country?

Don
gt350bp

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 09:19:52 PM »
Moving right along how about those Astros !

Economy is going to tank,  news at 11.......

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2022, 09:38:51 PM »
I vote for honesty…..

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2022, 10:11:04 PM »
If you listen to the Fox News flunkies, then she is the devil, but I choose to get my news from other sources than "opinion hosts".
There aren't any true "news channels" any more, they are all "opinion hosts". It just depends on whose opinion you agree with.  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 12:33:37 AM »
IMO, there needs to be on ballots, in every election, a box that reads:  "Check here to throw them all out and start over."

That'd get my vote!
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 05:57:02 AM »
I'd like to think that our elections from 1788 to the present were free and fair. Only when the "Orangeman" lost did it become fashionable to claim massive voter fraud. Now that is the normal behavior for losers.

Let's agree that we love our Shelby and Bosses and leave it at that, as I firmly believe we still have the best process to elect our officials bar none! Throwing out results until it suits your narrative solves nothing. If ever there was an opportunity for election fraud it was 2004. The loser conceded and the process was more important than the individual. Nuff said.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Don
gt350bp

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2022, 09:56:22 AM »
IMO, there needs to be on ballots, in every election, a box that reads:  "Check here to throw them all out and start over."

That'd get my vote!
I don't know all the details, but the British Parliament has a "No Confidence" option.....
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork