News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

8T02J165438-02076 on BAT

Started by 5s386, November 28, 2022, 09:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Bill

If only it was a convertible  8)

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

Thats funny, if I had a nickel for every "if only..." BaT statement!

I love the numbers guys.... how about this one....what body work has been done to the car?   8)

5s386

I looked closely at the Ebay auction pictures in 2006 and noticed that there was no buck tag or past screw hole for it. I also see more bodywork that may have been done. Should be an interesting BAT auction.

prototypefan

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 29, 2022, 08:30:29 AM
Thats funny, if I had a nickel for every "if only..." BaT statement!

I love the numbers guys.... how about this one....what body work has been done to the car?   8)

portions of the floor pans
photos of the front and rear engine bay aprons aren't clear enough to tell if the spot welds are original or not.....or even there on the driver side

Coralsnake

I know the answer, I just thought it was interesting the question is never asked...

SCJSTU

Love the color combo with saddle interior
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 29, 2022, 02:24:04 PM
I know the answer, I just thought it was interesting the question is never asked...
I'm like you in that good bones is more important than numbers matching. For decades as a Ford guy I never considered numbers matching to be important and still don't. Being a GM worker the vast majority of car guys at work  own GM classics. I always understood why number matching was so important-no engine vin number until 1972 so the way to know was either a tank sticker for some years or numbers matching. But it appears everyone on BaT appears to be numbers matching is the end all. My first post on the 68 on the VIN was really a tongue in cheek post for the numbers guys. I am curious though about the heads and manifolds. They should be 4 speed units if it is a correct engine.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

I take into consideration wrong pulleys and a number of engine details.

I have a pretty good feeling on the knowledge level of BaT sellers based on their answers to basic questions. I think there are a good number of buyers who are not very knowledgeable.

Coralsnake

Quote:o
I think there are a good number of buyers who are not very knowledgeable.

And sellers, these were terrible pictures and this car was well below average in my opinion