Author Topic: SEMA and the "Recognizing the protection of Motorsports {RPM} Act  (Read 1141 times)

daltondavid

• SAAC Member
  • 2005 FORD GT #991
    • View Profile
Congress made great progress on this bill, but this session closes without passage of this act. for updates and information, visit www.saveourracecars.com
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: SEMA and the "Recognizing the protection of Motorsports {RPM} Act
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 05:15:31 PM »
Wow. Something that is imperative that we all should support advocate for.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 01:29:48 PM »
Congress made great progress on this bill, but this session closes without passage of this act.

This is just another example, of more, of the appease everyone, do nothing political theater that goes on forever! Here with the promises to both sides of the fight but in the end, "after great progress" for us, the radical environmentalists, anti-freedom, pro-governmental bureaucracy groups are actually awarded the technical knock-out.   >:(

Scott.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 04:08:38 PM »
I’ve followed this all for some time.

The real issue I see is Sema is crying “you are destroying motorsports!!!”
Which would be true. But if they are supporting kits to delete the emissions equipment on a brand new Diesel pickup so it can “roll coal” they are killing their own legitimacy.

This may bite them later.

KerryBWhite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 04:20:00 PM »
I’ve followed this all for some time.

The real issue I see is Sema is crying “you are destroying motorsports!!!”
Which would be true. But if they are supporting kits to delete the emissions equipment on a brand new Diesel pickup so it can “roll coal” they are killing their own legitimacy.

This may bite them later.

+100%

daltondavid

• SAAC Member
  • 2005 FORD GT #991
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 03:45:16 PM »
eBay has just announced you can no longer sell Tuners and exhausts that would modify any vehicles on their web site, so it begins. Big Brother 1984 Orwellian prophesy is happening.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 05:39:18 PM »
If eBay is making draconian rules like this about car exhausts, where will that lead?

Will they refuse to post any kind of product that might be a cause of global warming/climate change?   
Hmmm. 

Basically, every manufactured product requires energy and resources to make.  Aside from the few truly 100% renewable and no-carbon-footprint items, that automatically means (to the greenies and other wackos) everything else is causing imminent earth destruction.  "Boycott eBay! Make them pay! Destroy the economy in fear of our future day!"

So, now that eBay has proclaimed their stance on ICE emission-increasing products, they will now have to make the really tough decision:
Implement across-the-board restrictions (on all carbon-footprint items) that would decimate eBay's own income.
Or take the PR route and focus on refusing ICE products...then crow loudly about their good deed. 

I don't have a crystal ball, but strange things that "can never happen" are already happening. Everywhere. 

Other thoughts?
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2023, 02:23:22 PM »
If eBay is making draconian rules like this about car exhausts, where will that lead?

Will they refuse to post any kind of product that might be a cause of global warming/climate change?   
Hmmm. 

Basically, every manufactured product requires energy and resources to make.  Aside from the few truly 100% renewable and no-carbon-footprint items, that automatically means (to the greenies and other wackos) everything else is causing imminent earth destruction.  "Boycott eBay! Make them pay! Destroy the economy in fear of our future day!"

So, now that eBay has proclaimed their stance on ICE emission-increasing products, they will now have to make the really tough decision:
Implement across-the-board restrictions (on all carbon-footprint items) that would decimate eBay's own income.
Or take the PR route and focus on refusing ICE products...then crow loudly about their good deed. 

I don't have a crystal ball, but strange things that "can never happen" are already happening. Everywhere. 

Other thoughts?

Van,
I agree with you on all counts. Ebay is now holding your sold funds that includes ANY performance part. Those crooks over there are holding my funds for selling a Boss 429 NASCAR intake that I sold. Not because of any potential buyer issues. Just the opposite...the buyer got the package, and gave me a positive review...F ebay! Once I receive my money, I'm dumping ebay. Boycott them!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 06:45:46 PM »
Scott...how the hell can they get away with that??  Under what explanation??

So, what happens if you (or any of us) lists and sells our ICE vehicle that has been modified from factory specs?  Perhaps it's not even having to do with emissions.  Just whatever "carbon violation" the judges at eBay happen to pursue that day.  Will they hold back some of that large amount of money for an undisclosed period of time?   

If so, that's "working the float" way too far.  Shame on them.

This kind of crap will alienate millions of current buyers and sellers.   

My eBay boycotting has officially begun.

Scott, let us know when you finally do receive the rest of your money from them. 
Van

PS: Are they going to apply these same rules to everything that burns carbon fuel: Boats, motorcycles, airplanes, ATVs & jet skis, and even outdoor grilles?  Big Brother and its large extended family of Little Brothers are coming for our things.  And, they're not asking politely.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2023, 08:30:44 PM »
Van,
I agree with you on all counts. Ebay is now holding your sold funds that includes ANY performance part. Those crooks over there are holding my funds for selling a Boss 429 NASCAR intake that I sold. Not because of any potential buyer issues. Just the opposite...the buyer got the package, and gave me a positive review...F ebay! Once I receive my money, I'm dumping ebay. Boycott them!
I agree F ebay and their theiving accomplices Paypal.   I used to sell the odd item on ebay 15 years ago but I gave that crooked company the heave ho a long time ago.  I only work with legitimate and honorable companies and ebay is not one of them.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 01:01:58 AM »
Scott...how the hell can they get away with that??  Under what explanation??

So, what happens if you (or any of us) lists and sells our ICE vehicle that has been modified from factory specs?  Perhaps it's not even having to do with emissions.  Just whatever "carbon violation" the judges at eBay happen to pursue that day.  Will they hold back some of that large amount of money for an undisclosed period of time?   

If so, that's "working the float" way too far.  Shame on them.

This kind of crap will alienate millions of current buyers and sellers.   

My eBay boycotting has officially begun.

Scott, let us know when you finally do receive the rest of your money from them. 
Van

PS: Are they going to apply these same rules to everything that burns carbon fuel: Boats, motorcycles, airplanes, ATVs & jet skis, and even outdoor grilles?  Big Brother and its large extended family of Little Brothers are coming for our things.  And, they're not asking politely.

Van,
When I called them and spoke to some so called 'supervisor', he gave me the bs speech.."We have to have a safe shopping experience..." I told him to shut the hell up with the scripted lines. Where is my money? He kept repeating his script. As of now, my money will be released on January 8th. One full month after I sold the intake. I told the 'supervisor' I want interest for holding my funds for a month. "Oh, sorry we don't give interest, or make any on your funds" Yeah, right. I have been selling/buying on f-bay for years. I have a 100% rating. So, its not like I'm a newbie. F-ebay!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 01:04:35 AM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30