Author Topic: Anyone have a process or a vendor to restore 10 spokes?  (Read 1980 times)

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have a process or a vendor to restore 10 spokes?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 04:44:17 PM »
I did. I would mark them somehow where the tire covers it and tell them they are marked in some way. I doubt if they have a stock of Shelby wheels sitting around.

My only concern is that they do have repros and do an exchange, but marking them is the way to do it.
Odds against one of these wheel repair companies switching out a set of obscure style wheels you send them are slim. There is a huge difference between original and reproduction ten spokes. If you send in repros and you get back repros as long as they look good why should you care because they are repros after all. There is a lot of difference between original and repro. If you send in originals you should expect originals back obviously. If you don't know differences then you can easily bring yourself up to speed with various informational threads on this forum. It would be prudent to document that you sent in originals and that in a courteous and non confrontational way let them know  that you have documented them in case they got lost etc. Of course they may feel threatened or insulted if you are not careful in the way you let them know and tell you to take your business elsewhere.

Yes I know the differences....Anyway, I went to the website, wheelcollision, and it looks like they sell repro wheels, it appears that they do give you the option of buying some 10 spokes or sending yours in...
I just assume get the exact wheel I am sending in back, which are originals. Thus marking them is probably the only way to know for sure.
RARE  Signature Delete

Shelbybo1

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have a process or a vendor to restore 10 spokes?
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 03:45:43 PM »
Try Paradise Wheels in San Marco, Ca.
Craig may be able to help you out.