News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

front fender lower section

Started by Dennis Y, December 04, 2022, 11:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Y

Has anyone used the above mentioned item from Branda and if so what's your thoughts on fit and finish?
Thanks!

Shelbypat

Hi.
I have used both lower section and front valence from branda so they fit well . if you keep using your original front valence it might be an other story.

Patrick

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shelbypat on December 04, 2022, 06:42:24 PM
Hi.
I have used both lower section and front valence from branda so they fit well . if you keep using your original front valence it might be an other story.

Patrick
Does the back side still have a rough fiberglass texture different from original? That was the way the back side of the lower fender piece and back side of the front valance were the last time I saw one but that has been a few years ago.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelbypat

Mine's restauration has already 18 year old. Yes the inside is hairy style fiberglass.
A few years ago I learn from a previews post that the inside was suppose to be black. So I take it off, sand it, used the occasion to remove the rough with corners sections and repainted as it should be.

Patrick

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shelbypat on December 04, 2022, 07:59:35 PM
Mine's restauration has already 18 year old. Yes the inside is hairy style fiberglass.
A few years ago I learn from a previews post that the inside was suppose to be black. So I take it off, sand it, used the occasion to remove the rough with corners sections and repainted as it should be.

Patrick
From Just a small portion of the backside of the fenders is black . Just a small area and then some additional over spray . A little bit more of the backside of the front valance is blacked out but not even that is completely black. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Dennis Y

Were the original lower pieces smooth white on the back side or is this a replacement panel?

Coralsnake

Original FRP (Fiberglas reinforced plastic) was a variety of colors. White and pink were the  most common.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Dennis Y on December 07, 2022, 12:57:31 PM
Were the original lower pieces smooth white on the back side or is this a replacement panel?
Even though the substantial repair work is substandard the base white material appears original.

Dennis Y

Hey Bob, sub-standard is being kind but then I realize that the person that did that work quite possibly did this to the car also unless it was the owner before him who did the damage. As I have said before, I'm pretty sure it was a 1320 dancer early in it's life.