News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Portrait Carroll Shelby, oil on canvas, and 289 Comp engine Kissimmee auction

Started by HistoryBuff, December 07, 2022, 03:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryBuff

Accepted for MECUM Kissimmee auction in Florida starting Jan. 4th, 2023 two 20" x 30" canvas giclee prints  each embellished with oils by the artist  after printing,
one a portrait of Carroll Shelby as race car driver, when he raced in Europe
the other a
289 engine in small block Cobra fitted with four Weber carburetors
Both entered at No Reserve, meaning if there's no competition you might get a bargain (one of his works sold for $1700 at Mecum Monterey 2022). Soon the art should be visible on the Mecum Kissimmee 2023 website, as well as the cars. That company has it set up so bidders can bid before the physical auctioning starts, so, going in, on the first day a live audience is bidding,several  cars or pieces of Road Art may have bids going in.
By the way they have over ten Shelbys posted on the Mecum site already including a '65 GT350, documented, (and a regular Mustang customized to be a GT350). '68s, '69s, even a Shelby de Mexico (not built by Shelby but authorized by him. One website speculated on how high the stock '65 GT350 will go, saying some have already sold for $600,000, which sounds like a small block Cobra price to me but then again I haven't followed the latest small block sales. If a two seater AC Cobra is entered, we'll see if the Shelby Mustang beats it.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

HistoryBuff

Would like to see two real 427 roadsters in the same auction. If not t least it has the one
at RM in Arizona later in tje month to compete against to see what big blocks re going for now...