Author Topic: Hang tag in trunk on driver side hinge  (Read 2428 times)

6s1640

• View Profile
Hang tag in trunk on driver side hinge
« on: June 12, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »
Hi Bob,

Sometime ago someone posted and images of a early 66 GT350 with the remnants of a hang tag still attached to drivers side trunk hinge.  Please remind me what the tag said.

Thanks

Cory

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Hang tag in trunk on driver side hinge
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:43:10 PM »
Likely the remains of a READY FOR SHIPPING tag (or similar wording). These can be found at times in many location on a finished car. The tags were likely attached to one part located on the top or outside surface of a pallet of the same part since the tag included a box for number of units. Often only the wire and round paper reinforcement circle remain. Owners should not expect to find any of these attached to their car car currently or when the cars were new. And interesting oddity that could be found on any Ford product of the 60's in my observation
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:07:03 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
Likely the remains of a READY FOR SHIPPING tag. These can be found at times in many location on a finished car. The tags were likely attached to one part located on the top or outside surface of a pallet of the same part since the tag included a box for number of units. Often only the wire and round paper reinforcement circle remain. Owners should not expect to find any of these attached to their car car currently or when the cars were new. And interesting oddity that could be found on any Ford product of the 60's in my observation
+1. "OK for shipment " also. This is not unheard of but is definitly out of the ordinary. It is not something that is suggested to copy.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 10:11:49 PM »
Likely the remains of a READY FOR SHIPPING tag (or similar wording).

A little correct to be more accurate

Have also seen and or found  (in addition to the one Bob G posted)

ROUTE TAG

IN PLANT OK

TEST STAND OK

INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEAKAGE TEST

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:22:57 AM »
Anyone have a pic? Although I figured if one existed Jeff you would have it  :)
6S373
6S1276

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 01:15:07 AM »
Ones I have from in the trunk on 66 San Jose cars are normally long gone and as described. Circle reinforcement for the tag and the wire. One attached to the trunk spring, one attached to one of the inner trunk panel passenger side, one attached to the inner structure drivers side. Another example from  67 was sandwiched (welded) between the wheel house reinforcement bracket and the divider panel it appears

So no good hanging tag pictures from me at the moment from 66 trunk. The OK for shipment tag has been reproduced a few times in the past. Have seen it printed on a couple of different colored paper also

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 02:47:27 AM »
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the response.
Interesting stuff
6S373
6S1276

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 10:47:54 AM »
I found this under the bottom cushion of my 1966 Mustang convertible.   As far as I know it is original.  There is no writing on the back side of the tag.  Is this something that you are talking about? 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
Ones I have from in the trunk on 66 San Jose cars are normally long gone and as described. Circle reinforcement for the tag and the wire. One attached to the trunk spring, one attached to one of the inner trunk panel passenger side, one attached to the inner structure drivers side. Another example from  67 was sandwiched (welded) between the wheel house reinforcement bracket and the divider panel it appears

So no good hanging tag pictures from me at the moment from 66 trunk. The OK for shipment tag has been reproduced a few times in the past. Have seen it printed on a couple of different colored paper also
To add for example I have collected 4 different OK for shipment tags with only two exactly the same but on different paper. Size of letters ,style of letters, size of tag along with the color are just some of the differences. They all had different dates on them . I am sure there are more original examples out there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby