News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69/70 original wheels

Started by 1970boss, December 10, 2022, 09:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on January 09, 2023, 08:41:12 AM
Quote from: Dennis Y on January 02, 2023, 03:18:29 PM
Just an F.Y.I. If anyone is thinking about ordering a set of wheels from Craig, don't think about it too long. I had been trying to decide between buying the repops and getting mine redone. A couple of years ago the pops were I believe $500 or $550 and restore was $400. This past May I contacted him for an update and now $600 and $450 and like a dummy I hesitated. The other day I figured let's spend some leftover Christmas cash and now $750 and $500. and he doesn't know how long he can hold that price. Needless to say my order went in while I was on the phone with him. A number of factors are affecting this but 1 thing for certain, they aren't going to come down so............

I've been waiting for the prices to drop on Craig's 69 shelby wheels.  I'm still running around spinning the tires every chance I get on the original, glued, non-riveted rims.  They are a bit pitted and rusty in areas, but that patina helps squelch the critics at local cruises that say my car must be a clone, in spite of the Marti report being displayed.   ;)
How many other things in the market as a whole drop after the initial increase in price ? I think you are looking at the same small percentage of chance in this case IMO. I hope I am wrong.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 09, 2023, 10:40:00 AM
Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on January 09, 2023, 08:41:12 AM
Quote from: Dennis Y on January 02, 2023, 03:18:29 PM
Just an F.Y.I. If anyone is thinking about ordering a set of wheels from Craig, don't think about it too long. I had been trying to decide between buying the repops and getting mine redone. A couple of years ago the pops were I believe $500 or $550 and restore was $400. This past May I contacted him for an update and now $600 and $450 and like a dummy I hesitated. The other day I figured let's spend some leftover Christmas cash and now $750 and $500. and he doesn't know how long he can hold that price. Needless to say my order went in while I was on the phone with him. A number of factors are affecting this but 1 thing for certain, they aren't going to come down so............

I've been waiting for the prices to drop on Craig's 69 shelby wheels.  I'm still running around spinning the tires every chance I get on the original, glued, non-riveted rims.  They are a bit pitted and rusty in areas, but that patina helps squelch the critics at local cruises that say my car must be a clone, in spite of the Marti report being displayed.   ;)
How many other things in the market as a whole drop after the initial increase in price ? I think you are looking at the same small percentage of chance in this case IMO. I hope I am wrong.
I remember the good old days when it cost me around 1500 to have 2 complete setters of wheels restored by Craig. 1990. He had to wait for rims. I got them back a few days before the 1990 SAAC convention for my 2 cars I had at the time.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)