News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Jerry Heasley Bought a 1967 GT500 Barn Find - Video

Started by silverton_ford, December 10, 2022, 09:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mikeh on December 11, 2022, 06:14:17 PM
Great story. Pretty sure the red 67 is Chris Browns (RIP) former car when Jerry did a photoshoot in Tulsa, around 2010 or so??
Nope.  The red 67 that Jerry recently bought was a barn find that had been apart since the early 80's. All of the info is there in the video.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mikeh

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 11, 2022, 10:59:58 PM
Quote from: mikeh on December 11, 2022, 06:14:17 PM
Great story. Pretty sure the red 67 is Chris Browns (RIP) former car when Jerry did a photoshoot in Tulsa, around 2010 or so??
Nope.  The red 67 that Jerry recently bought was a barn find that had been apart since the early 80's. All of the info is there in the video.
Bob, I'm not talking about the one Jerry just bought, talking about the red one in the pics. The background etc looks like the same area where he did the photoshoot of Chris's car for a magazine.
No big deal either way, looks great!

silverton_ford

Coralsnake

I have been watching. I think old Jerry is getting an education.

Cant wait to see how it ends up.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 13, 2023, 01:54:01 PM
I have been watching. I think old Jerry is getting an education.

Cant wait to see how it ends up.
Me too. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

I offered to sell him a correct top and bottom air cleaner and he wanted to pay about 1/3 the current price of one.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TA Coupe on September 13, 2023, 06:42:26 PM
I offered to sell him a correct top and bottom air cleaner and he wanted to pay about 1/3 the current price of one.

Roy
Funny because he had a few extra parts he wanted to sell (intake and a few other things
)and he was about market price times 2. 

TA Coupe

I'm sure when he wants to sell but the other way around when he wants to buy.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Coralsnake

Im sure there is some financial realizations setting in. Doing this to a car today is a six figure deal, anyway you slice it. Wish him the best.

427heaven

Congratulations Jerry..... It took awhile but you finally got one ;) Many miles of smiles!!!

Coralsnake

Rich Herr

I just saw his finished car in person when I dropped mine off.  It's awesome.  Very nice! 

J_Speegle

Quote from: Rich Herr on September 14, 2023, 05:03:10 PM
I just saw his finished car in person when I dropped mine off.  It's awesome.  Very nice!

Good for him.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

mullen2

Congratulations Jerry! Its great to see one restored and document it for us all to see as well! Helps keep the hobby going! Seems like he really deserves the car and I hope he enjoys it. Hoping everyone keeps the hobby strong chipping in helping source parts and helping each other in general, thats what the cars were about and should still be about making friend helping your buddy finish and find his dream car. Life is short lets not forget what the cars are about and for. Cant wait to see the photos of the finished car here!