News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

428 camshaft selection, part II

Started by roddster, December 20, 2022, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roddster

12/20/2022
  Recall that post from back in August of this year about cams for a 428?
Just last Saturday I received the special ground hydraulic roller camshaft for my 428 CJ build.  It is going into my 67 Tribute car.
    I used Brent Lykins motorsports to order the cam.  He must have ordered it through Competition cams as that is the box it came in.  Street grind with hydraulic roller lifters.
  Ordered it back in August.  And it seems there were no cam "blanks" to be had.  This is why the extra time was required.  Happy building is about to start.

aj

Have used Lykins Motorsprts several times for custom cams ( FE and Boss 302).  Brent very knowledgable with lots of dyno experience.   Good vendor

shelbydoug

It appears that all of the FE profiles offered by Comp Cams are "back ordered" according to their web page.

I would cross reference the cam number that you got to verify it is not an "off the shelf profile" from them.

There are some stockish CJ like profiles the consider stock.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

crossboss

IF you go old school, the Ford performance hyd 'C' cam is an excellent choice.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

roddster

Quote from: aj on December 24, 2022, 08:36:20 AM
Have used Lykins Motorsprts several times for custom cams ( FE and Boss 302).  Brent very knowledgable with lots of dyno experience.   Good vendor

Good idea.  I double checked and the Brent Lykins grind is special and custom.  Nothing in the catalog matched it.

gt350shelb

Quote from: crossboss on December 25, 2022, 03:49:27 PM
IF you go old school, the Ford performance hyd 'C' cam is an excellent choice.

I have used that cam in quite a few fe  builds and always was happy with it .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .