News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Lucas fog lights

Started by 480083, March 03, 2019, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Besides the things Coralsnake mentioned the large gray grommet for the wire is indicative of the later service chrome body. That grey grommet uses a larger hole in the body. The one with the small black grommet uses a smaller hole and is period correct .The orange/yellow and black power wires are contained in a single grey vinyl wire covering . The end in a unique bullet like shaped connector. Still a good similar look replacement part but just not one that looks like the assemblyine
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

I haven't looked really in years but I bought a few original lamps and lenses  out of England. I also bought some incorrect ones just for the ENGLAND glass. The lamps were used for a few cars in England and they shouldn't be impossible to find. Shipping was really reasonable from England as next day air was how they were shipped but that was a while ago. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bob Gaines

I believe back in the day that a pair of entire assemblies were purchased to get a replacement glass lens . There was not a huge difference between the price of the pair of assemblies vs. the price of   the individual lens I was told by one original owner. I also think that the pair of complete fog lights was more easily available then the individual parts was another reason for the replacement of the later style foglights on a given car. Yes they were relatively common used on a lot of English cars. They are still relatively commonly available over in the UK even today. At least the ones with the large gray grommets are.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

picked these up a few years ago as spares
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert