News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Mustang Fastback K code at Mecum Kissimmee January 12th

Started by stangman39, December 16, 2022, 01:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Special Ed

I inspected that car at mecum for a buyer in texas who bought it and would like to talk to owner. I put alot of value  in that rare car mainly because of all the desirable options and a good restoration.

Survivor

A non-critical observation on the car itself b/c I'm sure it was flawless: I doubt the hammer price covered the initial purchase, resto and auction prep.  The car will now continue to sit-for the most part that is-unused.  Good for the buyer.  Good for the hobby?  I suppose, but only as an investment.  Wondering what the equity position might be today.

68gtcoupe

I watched some amount of the auction every day.  That was by far my favorite car this year.  Just a perfect combination. 

Shawn

I missed the auction live and have been looking online for the video with no luck.  Certainly a beautiful car and I feel the purchase price is representative of the rarity.  I have a 67 K code GT fastback in Acapulco Blue with Black deluxe interior , both consoles, and non fold down.  Very nice accident free been sitting since early 80's.  Its another project car of mine I hope to get to one day this auction got my interest going again.

Dallas32

I purchased this car (with the help of Ed's inspection). I was registered to attend the auction in person and tested positive for COVID on Tuesday...Ed was able to see the car right before it crossed the block.

I still haven't seen the car in person and am very excited to take delivery. Still waiting on MECUM transportation to schedule transport...

I'm looking forward to being the next custodian and will do my best to keep the car in pristine condition.  Rest assured, however, that it will not be locked up in storage. I plan to drive it on a regular basis just like I do with my other cars. They are meant to be driven, enjoyed and shared...in my opinion.   (Shelby #798 at the office last week)

Looking forward to learning more about the ownership history from seller.

- Attachments and other options