News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wtb 10 spoke wheel caps and lug nuts for my 67 GT350 restoration

Started by DavidGT350, December 16, 2022, 10:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidGT350

Need to find 10 spoke wheels caps and lug nuts for my 67 GT350 restoration. If you are selling or have any ideas please pm me.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: DavidGT350 on December 16, 2022, 10:57:41 PM
Need to find 10 spoke wheels caps and lug nuts for my 67 GT350 restoration. If you are selling or have any ideas please pm me.
This request begs some questions because it is incomplete. Do you want used ? If used will repro or only original do? Is Branda out of the nice new repro they sell? Do you know the difference in authenticity details and price between the repro and original ?   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

DavidGT350

Bob good questions and let be expand on the request. Being new to the Shelby forum and really shelby ownership I have tried to research these to death on both SAAC and Mustang Concours forum. I have found very little information on the lug nuts in regards to repo quality vice original comparisons nor anything around the allowance within DII judging. On the caps, I would like to stay original vice reproductions and understand the difference in $$$ between both. Also with caps I found more on the opinions between correct decals vice actual quality standards on the caps themselves. It's all who you talk to and what's accepted at that time. Bottom line I am trying to go DII and would like not waist money where I should not and spend where I should. Probably should have posted under the 67 Shelby thread but wanted to see what's available.

shelbydoug

I have both. I think that the reproductions are very good. Installed you can not tell the differences, if any to begin with. The only issue that I find is that the black printing on the Shelby Cobra decal washes off with wheel cleaner too easily.

I would have to say that if this is a Concourse consideration, that there are no domestically invoiced 68 Shelbys with 10 spokes. Only cars invoiced to dealers outside of North America were invoiced with them. At the time I was the 68 Registrar, there were three cars to Spain and two to Japan. Period.

If new information has arisen since then, then the current 68 Registrar would have that information. Inquire with Vincent Liska. He is the current 68 Registrar.

If you have a '67 that you are putting them on, then they will show on the original invoice. On the '67s you need to check with the 67 Registrar if your car shows on a DSO group that was originally built with them.

If it wasn't then you may as well put reproductions on the car because original 10 spokes were not original to it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!