News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Almost there

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, December 27, 2022, 10:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Covid took a little more than two years of prime driving time away, so today in 27 degree weather I decided to go for a ride. The sun was shining the roads were pretty clear so I went on some errands to pick up some car parts for my nieces Jeep and some other few side trips, during this drive I crossed the 243,000 mile barrier
I usually go out on Dec 31st and follow that up with a drive on Jan 1st. The weather forecast looks not too good for those days so this might be the last one for this year
All in all a great day
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on December 27, 2022, 10:09:07 PM
Covid took a little more than two years of prime driving time away, so today in 27 degree weather I decided to go for a ride. The sun was shining the roads were pretty clear so I went on some errands to pick up some car parts for my nieces Jeep and some other few side trips, during this drive I crossed the 243,000 mile barrier
I usually go out on Dec 31st and follow that up with a drive on Jan 1st. The weather forecast looks not too good for those days so this might be the last one for this year
All in all a great day
Mine are all tucked away for the winter so good hear that someone else is able to get theirs out. I and I am positive others are glad for your update.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Steve you are THE Shelby Ambassador!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67 GT350

YES, I took a few out on Christmas, then the snow came and salt, in Knoxville! It was fun! The beauty of Knoxville is that it will rain and clear the roads, thus I should be out again!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

good job, meant to be driven
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Corey Bowcutt

That is awesome Steve.  I would love to do the same but they salted my neighborhood roads so heavy it looks like it snowed so am afraid I am done for the season.

Corey

greekz

Very cool!  Mine is about 110,000 miles behind you, although the majority of the miles were put on by the original owners.  One of the few good things about living along the central coast of California is, as long as it is not raining, it is driving weather.  Hope you a few more in before the end of year.

SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Bill

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on December 27, 2022, 10:09:07 PM
All in all a great day

Weather is hit and miss for my annual top down-news years day ride. May end up in something less worthy, but still a convertible.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bill Collins

Reminder of a time when the weather did not matter as much ;D
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Rain in L.A. may ruin the annual Rose Parade route cruise...... :'(

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Bill Collins on December 29, 2022, 10:42:30 AM

It's a car use it or just look at it
Going hang gliding? Just throw it on the roof racks
A little sat on the roads scare you, then driving it at Bonneville will cause a heat attack
A little snow? It adds contrast for the photo op
It's the journey that makes it fun
Bill your car is the most honest one out there, love seeing it
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

Quote from: Bill Collins on December 29, 2022, 10:42:30 AM
70s early 80s looks like.  The olden days.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"