News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Collection of Shelby Americana on sale now at Mecum On Time with current offers

Started by HistoryBuff, January 02, 2023, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryBuff

I just became aware of this already on-going 24 hour a day  63-lot auction of Shelby-American related memorabilia.(end date Jan. 31st)  The same site  also has one on  Porsche memorabilia. Find the Shelby one under this heading:

https://ontime.mecum.com/auction/shelby-american-le-mans-sports-car-racing-collection-220/terms-conditions/Here's a partial description

Part of their description:
Shelby American / Le Mans - Sports Car Racing Collection
BIDDING NOW!   Tue, November 29 - Tue, January 31   Location: Walworth, WI   Number of Items: 63
Shelby American / Le Mans - Sports Car Racing Collection
The Shelby American / Le Mans - Sports Car Racing Collection was curated by a lifelong California-based sports car racing enthusiast with a focus on eye-catching vintage racing posters from around the world. The assemblage encompasses a broad range of unique collectibles sure to appeal to both sports car and racing fans and followers, including some of the rarest Shelby American items from the company's founding through 1966, as well as Le Mans photographs from noted photographer Dave Friedman. This special collection is full of desirable items that will delight enthusiasts of the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans race, Ferrari sports racing cars and the most discerning Shelby American collectors alike. 

All offered at No Reserve //Terms, Conditions & Shipping Information

Mecum Magazine: Sport Racing Panoply

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To see what each item is selling for right now , go to the Bid Gallery. Bids started a couple days ago so most only have the asking price. One that surprised me was a George Bartell poster (from a painting) a 1965 Shelby GT350 Mustang that the seller wants over $1,700 for--yes,  minimum bids are shown , tho I am confused why some bidders are bidding below the minimum.(could these be counter-offers? Like at some point the seller could lower the price?) Like to hear what other items are priced far higher than what they've been known to go for previously

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bill Collins

If the terms state "All offered at No Reserve", why is there a "minimum bid" listed for each lot? Looks like typical auction company chicanery to me. Then they have the gall to charge $20 for a mailing tube when there is a buyer premium of 25%
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

SHELB66

^^^  The next bid (minimum bid) must be a certain increment (listed in auction) above the current bid.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

TA Coupe

If you add the bid increment to the current bid that gives you the minimum bid.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Bill Collins

Got it. What threw me off was when I first saw this, some of the actual bids were less than the amounts listed as the "minimum bid" (see this referenced in the last paragraph of the first post by History Buff). But the bids have now matched or exceeded the minimums, thereby activating the increment rule.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017