News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Mecum Kissimmee 2023 - 1962-1970 Shelby American products

Started by silverton_ford, January 04, 2023, 11:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

pchmotoho

Quote from: stangman39 on January 13, 2023, 07:04:09 AM
Quote from: pchmotoho on January 13, 2023, 06:13:10 AM
67 FB K code, 4 speed.  Sold 157K not counting fees. Congrats!

Thanks! Whata experience!

I was happy to see that there are people out there who understand what a cool car this is.  Ive been looking (not very seriously) for one of these for a little while. Looks like Haggerty may have to adjust their valuation on these.  Granted one car does not set a market but these cars don't change hands very often so its kind of hard to say. 

this is also the closest I've seen a K code to a GT350 in regards to pricing (same years).

stangman39

I think with or without the buyer fees it's a current record.
I got to Mecum Sunday afternoon and it was interesting hearing comments and discussing the car with people. Some had no clue what it was and felt it was "oh just a 289 and not an S code" but once it got under the staging area Weds night more knowledgeable Mustang enthusiasts started coming out of the woodwork. I met some great Mustangs guys and the car received a ton of compliments. Heck some who didn't even know much about Mustangs wanted to bud in it due to the overall color combo of the car.
If you've never been to Mecum Kissimmee and have a chance in the future try to attend this part of the 2nd week. If for nothing else it's an amazing car show. The variety is excellent.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: stangman39 on January 13, 2023, 08:57:25 AM
I got to Mecum Sunday afternoon and it was interesting hearing comments and discussing the car with people. Some had no clue what it was and felt it was "oh just a 289 and not an S code" but once it got under the staging area Weds night more knowledgeable Mustang enthusiasts started coming out of the woodwork. I met some great Mustangs guys and the car received a ton of compliments. Heck some who didn't even know much about Mustangs wanted to bud in it due to the overall color combo of the car.
If you've never been to Mecum Kissimmee and have a chance in the future try to attend this part of the 2nd week. If for nothing else it's an amazing car show. The variety is excellent.
A guy just emailed saying that he was disappointed on how the cars go over dirt. Verts left after sale with the tops down and the whole car getting a good dusting. Cars in staging lanes all dusty.  Never been there but suspect I will be in coming years. I've been to Indy(2019) and enjoyed that. Everything was indoors and I ran into some  of  SAAC's "usual suspects" hanging around the Steve J collection. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

poboy427

6S553. Lot F123 is coming across block at 11 am central. This car a fact 4 spd H

Ray
6S554 Family owed since May 15,1974. Confirmed original alum T-10 4spd, MICO,

SPF 0373 Cobra S/C, Shelby alum 488 stroker FE Tunnel Port, TKO

poboy427

Since I own 6s554, I snapped a pic of 553 out of
Hemmings in about 2005 and framed it.  Raffle never came to be

Ray

alexgt350h

Just missed the auction on 553. What was the final bid?
300K was the last bid I saw.

poboy427

553 was bid to 300K without hammer and the bidding goes on... so we wait to see auction final results page.

Ray

silverton_ford

Royce Peterson

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on January 13, 2023, 10:30:36 AM
Quote from: stangman39 on January 13, 2023, 08:57:25 AM
A guy just emailed saying that he was disappointed on how the cars go over dirt. Verts left after sale with the tops down and the whole car getting a good dusting. Cars in staging lanes all dusty.  Never been there but suspect I will be in coming years. I've been to Indy(2019) and enjoyed that. Everything was indoors and I ran into some  of  SAAC's "usual suspects" hanging around the Steve J collection.

Mecum rents the facility so the owner would have to pave a lot of road to fix that. I believe either the state or the county owns the facility. It's huge, we are talking about miles of road.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

1109RWHP

The 69 Shelby De Mexico went for $115,000. Is that a record?

stangman39

Regarding dust etc. Here's my take. When you consign a car with Mecum you have 3 category of choices that cost $500, $1k, $1500. It seems depending on which you chose determines your potential day and lot #. If you do the $1500 category you have to state a range you expect the car to hammer for. Your category and lot # also determined where your car gets placed on display. All the collection cars are inside or under a tent on pavement. The rest are either under no tent or under tent on grass. It gets very dusty and it's a constant battle to keep the cars clean. Mine got delivered Thurs last week and when I got there Sunday afternoon it was pretty dirty, spent 2 hours cleaning it and then each day after 2-3x wiping dust off it.
It's best if you're a seller to be there in person or have someone there representing you.
If a Vert top was left down it was most likely because the owner put it down prior to going across the block. The Mecum drivers are so busy they don't have time to put up every top that was down when it was time for them to drive it.
Oceola Park as Royce mentioned is rented by Mecum. I'm curious how much in advance Mecum gets into town to set up because it takes a lot of setup.
I think I read the whole park (including a stadium) is 200 acres. I was advised to bring or rent a golf cart and I'm glad I did! They do have a company on site renting the one person little scooters for $60/day.

Hope that sheds some light on things.

427hunter

Wow the bids are through the roof! Shelby's are apparently on the most wanted list.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

shelbymann1970

I do get sick of the BS hype " One of only 43 Gulfstream Aqua GT500s built for 1969, this Shelby has completed a comprehensive restoration by a previous owner right down to the correct tags, chalk marks and paint codes. Powered by its original R-Code 428 Cobra Jet engine with factory Ram Air, the GT500 combines performance with luxury thanks to its close-ratio Toploader 4-speed transmission and Traction-Lok rear axle plus optional factory air conditioning.
FORD sticker on sill plates? Air cond added to car(hey I like it but doesn't make it anally restored). Black grill and license plate bracket? Scott Drake shift knob? Lots of other things like non Dearborn radiator cap and chrome license plate lights. While a beautiful car it should have said a comprehensive resto but not  concours with air condition added. Also no traction lock-conventional rear end as to WHY it got down to being a "1 of 1" in the Marti report. My favorite? The "CORRECT" Caution Fan sticker.  :o

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-539513/1969-shelby-gt500-fastback/
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

While I'm on a roll what is considered highly unrestored? With the very limited pics I see the DS door window stops bolts  painted blue. To me that says a repaint on the inside of the door so I'd think the whole car. I am not home to check my registry but never heard of 2 documented paxton 69 Shelbys. UPDATE: No proof of it being a SC car I have been told.     https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-537689/1969-shelby-gt350-fastback/
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990