News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

seat belt flasher bracket 1969 GT500

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, January 06, 2023, 04:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

About the seat belt warning light, where does the bracket attach under the dash.  And secondly, you will notice that the two wires were cut on the ends. Where do they attach and what type terminal would be on these wires.  I have NEW Alloy Metals under dash harness.  Is there a pickup lead on this harness for those cut wires, along with the green wire on the bullet style plug in dash light harness?

Rbwiii

This is were mine is located on my 70 GT500. You have to reuse your original loom for seat belt and EM brake light, thats not reproduced.

TLea

There are like 3 different ways those mount  but with the stand you have it's typically mounted between radio and wiper switch. Ben is correct you need to reuse your original seat belt and e brake harnesses as they aren't reproduced. You also need to add the accessory fuse bar and tri tap from the old fuse box

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Thanks for the picture Ben.  But I noticed that in your picture, there is NOT a flasher unit as there is compared to my unit.  Do you know, or could guess the use of this flasher and where it may terminate?

Rbwiii

On my car the flashers are located on both sides of the radio.

430dragpack

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on January 06, 2023, 04:23:48 PM
About the seat belt warning light, where does the bracket attach under the dash.  And secondly, you will notice that the two wires were cut on the ends. Where do they attach and what type terminal would be on these wires.  I have NEW Alloy Metals under dash harness.  Is there a pickup lead on this harness for those cut wires, along with the green wire on the bullet style plug in dash light harness?

The round flasher on your bracket is for the emergency flashers and gets hooked to a plug that is part of the main dash harness.

The rectangular relay on your bracket is for the seat belt warning light.  It gets its power from a big black/yellow wire with a yellow, three point connector, that comes from the fuse box hooked with a buss bar and glass fuse socket, like Tim said. This wire is #12 in these diagrams. 

430dragpack

This shows where you relay bracket mounts.