Author Topic: Music from our time  (Read 969 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Music from our time
« on: January 06, 2023, 11:12:54 PM »
An outstanding performance of Double Vision by Foreigner  (orchestra included).
No one missed a beat.  Literally!  The orchestra was having fun with it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0LybviRwdY
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Music from our time
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 11:22:22 PM »
I enjoyed that.

Jim Herrud

• SAAC Member
  • '65 GT350 Tribute, '19 GT350 Eagle ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 12:55:22 AM »
Me too! Thx for posting!
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a “Vintage Car” guy. Now I’m just a “Vintage” car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 10:31:26 AM »
first Foreigner is a great band and the song is truly a,classic

did you notice the boys and girls in the band (meant  to say orchestra) rock and rolling to the tune!

great performance,  thanks for posting.....keepemcoming
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 01:59:50 PM »
Very cool - thanks for posting  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 03:17:22 PM »
Went to iTunes and many songs from that concert are available.....

I downloaded most of them and played them from my computer through a high-end DAC, (digital to analog converter), while playing, I recorded them with my reel to reel deck, let me tell you, using a DAC and making a ANALOG recording really removes all the digital crap sound and smooths the sound....JAW DROPPING! One more trick I do is adjust iTunes's lapse between songs, it makes it seem like they actually played the songs in that order!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

Jim Herrud

• SAAC Member
  • '65 GT350 Tribute, '19 GT350 Eagle ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 12:28:31 PM »
Another classic from our time: Led Zeppelin was one of the recipients of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors for their lifetime of contributions to American culture.

The finale of the evening's performances was an amazing rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" performed by Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson and featuring Jason Bonham on drums wearing his father's signature bowler. John Bonham's untimely passing in 1980 prompted Led Zeppelin to disband in tribute to their friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Rx09cBs50

Shelby Buff.
I used to be a “Vintage Car” guy. Now I’m just a “Vintage” car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 12:58:27 PM »
Another classic from our time: Led Zeppelin was one of the recipients of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors for their lifetime of contributions to American culture.

The finale of the evening's performances was an amazing rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" performed by Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson and featuring Jason Bonham on drums wearing his father's signature bowler. John Bonham's untimely passing in 1980 prompted Led Zeppelin to disband in tribute to their friend.

I often find that a "cover" seems better then the original. The one you speak of is no exception and maybe the best I've ever heard?

The two competing choirs enhanced it and fortunately for a live performance, everything went off perfectly.

I keep it in my "collection" and get a urge to hear it every so often. As a matter of fact for me, I never accepted the "brilliance" of the original until I heard the Kennedy Center's rendition.

Art is an amazing thing. You can discover or rediscover something that you never appreciated before. Realizing that it wasn't a piece of crap to begin with makes me wonder exactly where my head was at?

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 01:37:24 PM »

That voice, that guitar,  that build up,  simply exquisite!
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2023, 03:22:58 PM »
"our time" ??? Foreigner is a British-American rock band, originally formed in New York City in 1976

I'm stuck in the 60s. 
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 04:36:06 PM »

Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, have always been big Zeppelin admirers. Their live version of Zep's "Rock n Roll" sure does make wonders of that one also. That said, the 'best' version of "Stairway to Heaven" in my opinion is from the unreleased BBC recordings from 1971. Priceless. Another gem from that recording session is "Whole Lotta Love". Again, the best version in my view.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 04:52:01 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

owenkelley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 08:48:13 PM »
Really good performance, but the only original member is the guitarist, Mick Jones. The original lead singer was Lou Gramm, this is Kelly Hansen who to his credit has been the lead singer since 2005. Just not the vocalist in the original recording of this song, but then, most bands from that (our) era don't have many original members left......