News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Another Youtube automotive influencer pinched by the law

Started by deathsled, January 06, 2023, 11:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KnS_eQ227M

He's a Dodge Demon Challenger kind of guy.  The charges sound sketchy on their face.  And seriously, use a SWAT team to arrest him?  It is ripped right out of the pages of the Fast and Furious.  Dominic Toretto anyone?  "I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

If you want to see how his Demon was wrecked go here.  Hell, our cars aren't even safe in our driveways when the engines are off and no one inside.  Truly a tragedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXFdxfAD8uQ
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Scode67FB

Someone owes me 35 minutes of my life back. That video Wass completely worthless. The dude rambles so much, it's hard to get interested. From his story, all I could figure out was: 1. He's never been arrested. 2. He got arrested twice. 3. He got arrested three times. But he NEVER did anything wrong. He was arrested for "making videos." Well, Dude, nobody gets arrested for making videos. They get arrested for what they're doing in those videos (which he never makes clear). All he does throughout I play the victim. The only thing missing from his story is the plea for donations to a legal defense fund. Near the end he says that stupid people get arrested for doing stupid shit. Well, guess what Dude? You're one of them.
All I can say is...
https://youtu.be/dnMdI_NiZvA

FL SAAC

as Master Thespian Jon Lovitz  would say......Acting!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Kent

yes this video was really typical YouTuber stuff, I think if your at the lower level with your brain its nice to look at it, but when you came around in the world and know what is going on and how the law is and what is right and wrong  you only can laugh about these guy. Yes maybe he is not a real bad criminal, but supporting street racing etc. where people can get killed that have nothing to do with that is wrong and that's what the court and police showed him. End of the story.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

crossboss

He was most likely 'raided' for his steroid abuse! LOL. IF this is the norm of raiding someones home for making videos, then 99 percent of Youtubers will be in jail. Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning street racing, or any other illegal actions with our cars. That said, this IS an abuse of power coming from our law enforcement/SWAT/FBI, etc. Thats my take on it.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

SWAT team was over the top.  But hey, it lends greater legitimacy to the first Fast and Furious movie, right?  Life imitating art?  He pled out to the charges he indicates in a later video so the cases are over which included two separate counties.  I would have thought that the statute of limitations would have been a viable defense but perhaps a discovery rule was applied to extend the statute.  Apparently no jail time.  Only big fines.  He says it will come off of his record when the probation ends.  I am thinking he will still have to file a petition for expungement.  Yes, he was rather garrulous during the video but the raid was certainly a highlight making it worth the watch at least encompassing that footage.  For me at least and I only speak for myself (which is self evident.)
What happened to his Demon Challenger though was outrageous.  The Gods were not watching over that rare bird this time.  Talk about the odds stacked against you.  This would be one of those instances.  See link supra (above).  Sorry, I'm in the legal jargon mood today.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Scode67FB on January 07, 2023, 03:57:39 AM
Someone owes me 35 minutes of my life back.
If you can't tell within a couple minutes a YouTube isn't worth watching you don't have a life.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Scode67FB

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 08, 2023, 03:32:50 PM
Quote from: Scode67FB on January 07, 2023, 03:57:39 AM
Someone owes me 35 minutes of my life back.
If you can't tell within a couple minutes a YouTube isn't worth watching you don't have a life.

Judging from the replies, I guess I'm not the only one. Yeah, I watched the whole thing. As worthless as the video was, I stuck with it hoping to find out what that fool had done and what he'd been charged with. I never found any redeeming value in it.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

I would have more sympathy if he had shown the video in question instead of deleting it. ::)