News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT500 Air Cleaner Questions

Started by SFM66H, January 07, 2023, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM66H

I just corrected the spelling of your name in my Reply #13 ^^^

I had copied your spelling of it in your Reply #12!
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 430dragpack on January 07, 2023, 09:13:36 PM
It appears to be an original earlier '67 sand cast top and bottom and they had the straight leg "R" as well as other different letter shapes/features.  The first sand cast lids were natural aluminum finish and the second variation was black crinkle painted like the one in the first post.  I can't tell from the pictures, but the side/edge of the lid should be aluminum finished as well, no crinkle paint.  The picture Wedgeman posted is of a die cast, curved leg "R" that was used later in '67-'68.
I agree that the pictured air cleaner assembly is genuine and was typical for early GT500's prior to the introduction of the die cast base and lid.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

propayne

Quote from: SFM66H on January 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM
I just corrected the spelling of your name in my Reply #13 ^^^

I had copied your spelling of it in your Reply #12!

Hahaha, yeah, it's Phillip not Phillilp - thanks!
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

SFM66H

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 08, 2023, 01:21:44 PM
Quote from: 430dragpack on January 07, 2023, 09:13:36 PM
It appears to be an original earlier '67 sand cast top and bottom and they had the straight leg "R" as well as other different letter shapes/features.  The first sand cast lids were natural aluminum finish and the second variation was black crinkle painted like the one in the first post.  I can't tell from the pictures, but the side/edge of the lid should be aluminum finished as well, no crinkle paint.  The picture Wedgeman posted is of a die cast, curved leg "R" that was used later in '67-'68.

I agree that the pictured air cleaner assembly is genuine and was typical for early GT500's prior to the introduction of the die cast base and lid.

Thanks for your response Bob

Kieth
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976