News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'68 500KR in Blairstown, NJ

Started by Survivor, January 08, 2023, 09:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen_becker

Somethings not right. The guy who won it in the raffle decades ago had it up for sale a month or two ago and there were some issues and the guy wasn't willing to go the extra mile in order to figure out whether or not the issues were something that could be dealt with (he claims he was too old and that he really just didn't care) so now all of a sudden it's for sale by this other guy. I don't know - just somethings not right. Be sure to do your due diligence on the car if you're interested in purchasing it.

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

If anyone has any additional information on this car, please let me know

scuf23

Quote from: stephen_becker on January 08, 2023, 12:24:40 PM
Somethings not right. The guy who won it in the raffle decades ago had it up for sale a month or two ago and there were some issues and the guy wasn't willing to go the extra mile in order to figure out whether or not the issues were something that could be dealt with (he claims he was too old and that he really just didn't care) so now all of a sudden it's for sale by this other guy. I don't know - just somethings not right. Be sure to do your due diligence on the car if you're interested in purchasing it.
Would you happen to know what were the issues or questions that needed to be addressed?

Bigfoot

What is the serial number on this car so we can look it up? Thank you.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Coralsnake

Found it...2458...it was on this forum a month ago

The car looks very nice, the bottom of the car is exceptional and unrestored with some original exhaust parts.  Its too bad it was repainted...but still looks very nice. Just a few minor things to correct...and a few items to confirm.

Bill

Best bet is to contact Dan, who may know the car, or be willing to take a ride to see it up close and in person for a serious buyer:
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=240

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

bomb6391

Quote from: stephen_becker on January 08, 2023, 12:24:40 PM

Everything is right and all good Steve. I have the car in my garage. I've had lengthy conversations with the older gentleman and he tried his best to provide as much information as possible.  He also added that he didn't want to pay you 2-3k to come out and confirm the numbers.  I also got your message on FB too so that should answer your question. 

Pete- the ad got flagged on CL so that's why it went down.

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Coralsnake

Great  please don't do anything to the undercarriage except cleaning. Thats too original!