News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Starting off my 16-year-old correctly

Started by Corey Bowcutt, January 08, 2023, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

We just bought my 16 year old her first Mustang.  45 years ago I bought my first Mustang and it started my love.  From my daughter's reaction she has been bitten by the bug.

Corey

deathsled

What a great way to start off at 16.  She will never forget this event in her life.  Congrats!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

roddster

Look up to see in your area if there is an 8 hour Teen safety driving course to take her too.
     The one in the Chicago area (Autobahn country club) used BMW's (235's) and each driver got 20 to 30 minutes of driving at each of 5 things they wanted to drivers to experience until the "got it".

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

When are you letting her loose in the 68 GT350?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

owenkelley

I started my daughters out with Mustangs when they were in their teens, about twenty years ago now. I knew my wife wouldn't let me buy any more Mustangs for us so I convinced her the girls needed '65 Mustangs, and as they got older they fell in love with Foxbody's so they had to have one of those too. My hope was we would all go to shows together as they became adults but that hasn't exactly worked out. Now their busy with their own kids....At least I get to store them so it makes for a nice display in the garage.

Corey Bowcutt

I love that!  My wife would not allow me to get her a classic Mustang because they do not have air bags and all the safety features.  But my daughter is very excited to go to Cars and Coffee with me in the spring.  Not sure how long that will last but I will take what I can get.

Corey

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

KR Convertible

Corey,

Just make sure she knows that she is not as well protected in a convertible as she would be in a hardtop.  My son had a close call in his 97 Cobra convertible.  The windshield folded down on the passenger side (thankfully).  Could have been much worse.

Do you still have the same cell number? 7048.  If so, I will send you a couple of pictures.

Just one concerned Dad to another.

Paul

FL SAAC

congrats and truly a great vehicle to start off with
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Corey Bowcutt

Paul,

Yes that is still my cell.  Would love to see the pictures.

It's funny you mention this.  My wife at first rejected the convertible because of the safety aspect.  But we researched it and ultimately she agreed.  I did not specifically go out looking for a convertible, but one popped up in our search that we got for a song.  I can not believe how fortunate we were to find this one.  It is a one owner car that looks and runs great, but has a very interesting story which is why we got it cheap.  Seems no one else was interested because of the back story.  I will just say the back story involves several gun shots.  Car was not occupied at the time so no injuries but there are a few bullet holes here and there.

Corey

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on January 09, 2023, 12:06:10 PM
I love that!  My wife would not allow me to get her a classic Mustang because they do not have air bags and all the safety features.  But my daughter is very excited to go to Cars and Coffee with me in the spring.  Not sure how long that will last but I will take what I can get.

Corey

Send me a note when you are going to C&C , I might drive up
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎