News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Gt500 convertible seat belts

Started by thefordshow, January 14, 2023, 08:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefordshow

Any one know the order the seat belts were attached on the hump?  Lap belt first, the shoulder belt on top?, or the other way around?  Thanks.

Bill Collins

Here is what I have from the factory assembly manual and some archived photos. Note use and placement of spacers.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

thefordshow

Thank you Sir! So looks like the lap belt end gets stacked on the shoulder belt looking at the circled "A" diagram.  That's what I needed to know.

JWH

Interesting to look at the diagram and notice the lower washer, the spacer and the upper washer are different part numbers. Therefore a difference in parts. I will have to look closely at mine again and note the differences.

Bill Collins

The three washers are each distinct in finish, diameter and thickness. The bottom one, which is not visible in the photos, is a large diameter grey finish commonly found on most Mustang applications. The middle one is a thick chrome spacer. The top one has a textured face and is typically red cadmium plated. This one is again also found on many standard Mustangs. See the attached photo.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

JWH

Thanks Bill for the excellent and very helpful pictures.