Author Topic: Speaker delete - Part of radio delete  (Read 1270 times)

6s1640

• View Profile
Speaker delete - Part of radio delete
« on: January 09, 2023, 11:19:40 PM »
Hi all,

I was reading on the Virginia Mustang Blog thread on the heater delete and there is a comment from a fellow hobbyist that described a speaker delete with the radio delete.  He said "... and has the gray cardboard blanks for both defroster openings and for the speaker hole..."  I have read the defroster covers are the same shape as the cardboard end of the ducts.  My question is:  What shape is the speaker delete cover?  Is it the same shape as the speaker and made from similar material to the glove box cardboard?  Does anyone have one and can post an image?

Below is the link:

http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/2015/07/65-66-mustang-heater-delete.html

I posted a similar question years ago.  Here is the link https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=7906.msg66064#msg66064     Any new info?

Thanks

Cory
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 02:52:01 AM by 6s1640 »

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Speaker delete - Part of radio delete
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 04:44:13 PM »
Just a technicality, but a radio was not a 'delete' item for 65-68 (and probably later), it was an option.  If the checkbox wasn't checked on the order sheet for a radio, the car didn't get one. 

A heater was a 'delete' item as it was standard equipment.

Have not seen an original car with blanks as described.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 07:19:37 PM »
Only for speaker block off pads (rubber material) on a 67-68 ordered without a radio.

Haven't seen anyone posting pictures of the suggested 65-66 block offs for the dash on cars with no heater or radios over the decades of collecting pictures nor found examples on a car.

Just sharing one view of the subject
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 12:11:21 AM »
Just a technicality, but a radio was not a 'delete' item for 65-68 (and probably later), it was an option.  If the checkbox wasn't checked on the order sheet for a radio, the car didn't get one. 

A heater was a 'delete' item as it was standard equipment.

Have not seen an original car with blanks as described.

Hi Charles,  I agree with you.  I believe the better term is "radio block off plate".  However, contrary to your post, many hobbyist refer this plate as "radio delete", right, wrong or indifferent.  It is the common speak of the hobby.  I will try to mend my speak on the subject.  Thanks for the correction.

Take care

Cory

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 02:15:16 AM »
Hi Charles,  I agree with you.  I believe the better term is "radio block off plate".  However, contrary to your post, many hobbyist refer this plate as "radio delete", right, wrong or indifferent.  It is the common speak of the hobby.  I will try to mend my speak on the subject.  Thanks for the correction.

Just pointing it out, not intending anyone to change what they call it.  One of those pervasive misconceptions.   ;D ;D
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge