News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rarity vs. Power: Modern Shelby Mustangs face off | SGT - GTH - GT500

Started by FL SAAC, February 12, 2023, 02:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

I told you it was going to happen:

Rarity vs. Power - Modern Shelby Mustangs face off - Hagerty Insider

Why is the 319-hp Shelby GT hotter than the 500-hp GT500?

https://insider.hagerty.com/trends/rarity-vs-power-modern-shelby-mustangs-face-off/
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

2008 GT-C

Thank you for posting this. I might not have found it on my own. This was not one of the emails that they sent me. I passed it along to another Shelby GT owner who got me to buy mine. 
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102

FL SAAC

Our pleasure, these cars are great corner carvers and with 300+ horse power will smoke plenty of the old muscle cars in stock form.

Then you drive away comfortably with all the amenities they have.

You want some more H.P. slap on a Paxton,  Edelbrock , Vortech or Procharger for some extra ponies and now your at another level.

Keep it under 500  H.P. or you will commit hara-kiri and spill all your tge 4.6s guts.

Or go Coyote and whipple, H. P.  is at your discretion, then you are king of the hill.

Opportunities are endless, enjoy the ride  !

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

The Shelby GT got a lot of flack - it was 10 grand more than a GT and besides the stripes and scoop it was assembled with $2,500 worth of Ford Motorsport parts added. Ford and the EPA wouldn't even let them modify the engine tune.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18199665/2007-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-first-drive-review/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

2008 GT-C

I bought my Shelby in the spring of 2009. The car was a leftover never registered discounted almost $10K. It had 25 miles on the odometer when purchased from a dealership in Glendale, CA. I purchased it sight unseen and had it shipped back to Connecticut and have enjoyed it ever since. I've improved the cooling system, brakes, suspension and had a supercharger installed by Tasca Ford.
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 2008 GT-C on February 17, 2023, 10:53:45 AM
I bought my Shelby in the spring of 2009. The car was a leftover never registered discounted almost $10K. It had 25 miles on the odometer when purchased from a dealership in Glendale, CA. I purchased it sight unseen and had it shipped back to Connecticut and have enjoyed it ever since. I've improved the cooling system, brakes, suspension and had a supercharger installed by Tasca Ford.

The orange/silver GT-C were made specifically for California. They didn't sell well and I remember seeing new ones sitting on lots over a year later.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: 2008 GT-C on February 17, 2023, 10:53:45 AM

Great deal !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

It is true that the Shelby GT got a lot of flack as it was 10 grand more than a GT and besides the stripes and scoop it was assembled with $2,500 worth of Ford Motorsport parts added.

But very similar to what occurred to the original 65 up Shelbys.

Usually the ones doing the comparison did not have the financial power or lacked future vision of the possible incremental value.

How many times have you heard someone say I can take a regular stang and make it faster,  brake better and handle better for less than you paid for your Shelby  ?

A lot.

In the end, they may have a stang that is faster, does brake better and may out handle your Shelby.

But as time goes by which one will prevail and be more sought after and collectable  ?

The faster, better braking and better handling stang or the one that took the path to S.A. and received it's C.S.M. ?

Currently it looks like the ones that took the path to S.A. are holding and possibly acquiring more value.

It's all about that C.S.M. #

I have all UNGOLD cars