News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Matt Damon to play Carroll Shelby in up-coming movie

Started by NC TRACKRAT, June 20, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT350Lad

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 22, 2018, 02:55:09 AM
Hollywood is looking for accuracy.  They need someone who has been married at least seven times. That narrows to the field down to just over a few thousand, I believe.  8)

;D
6S373
6S1276

thefordshow

Gene Hackman for old Carroll, can't think of a better quality actor.

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: GT350Lad on June 21, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
Busey would be a great choice. Just might be hard to control on set since his head injury. Poor guys beaten up a few crew. Pesci is gold.
.  Actually Mr. Buseys problems go "a little deeper than that"(to quote J.Hendrix)..Used to see him at the Vons in Pacific Palisades across the street from a place I surf(post head to curb off motorcycle)He is certifiably nuts!You have not lived until you have seen a "Hollywood celebrity" go berserk screaming uncontrollably at a grocery store deli clerk for screwing up his order...Good Times!!!Also ,post melon squash,he came out against Cali.s mandatory helmet law....Nuff said....

Well Bill Cosby banner in background kinda ruins that shot...... :P

Hollywood is looking for accuracy.  They need someone who has been married at least seven times. That narrows to the field down to just over a few thousand, I believe.  8)

Didn't know it was that many times, surprised he had two pennies to rub together at the end.

FL SAAC

I believe his recent new found popularity came about because  of some club and its members. This club went out of their way to reintroduce and celebrate his accomplishments from the past to a new generation of enthusiasts.

If it had not been for that club,  I believe that the outcome would have been completely different.

Back to the topic at hand, Tom C  should play him from the ages
of 10 to 12 years old.
Quote from: 2112 on June 22, 2018, 10:37:09 AM

Didn't know it was that many times, surprised he had two pennies to rub together at the end.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

DeVito or Pesci for Enzo, both fiery little guys could be made to look the part. OL SHEL always looked half drunk and weather beaten so someone would need to have that in their DNA. Elliot looks like that- Hackman semi looks like that but can still drive a car pretty well. I used to race motorcycles with him and his son Chris... Good times for sure. I wonder if the studio has locked everyone in or if they re still casting people?

Side-Oilers

Pesci gets my vote.  That would be too cool.

Hackman is a great actor, but he's 88 years old. He'd be good casting as the old man CS (if the movie even carries that far forward in time) but can't pull off a 40 year old.

So far, I like Matthew McConaughey.  But I'm not too familiar with actors younger than him (and he's 48...ha!) so I could be missing someone obvious.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

shelbydoug

Quote from: Side-Oilers on June 22, 2018, 03:18:14 PM
Pesci gets my vote.  That would be too cool.

Hackman is a great actor, but he's 88 years old. He'd be good casting as the old man CS (if the movie even carries that far forward in time) but can't pull off a 40 year old.

So far, I like Matthew McConaughey.  But I'm not too familiar with actors younger than him (and he's 48...ha!) so I could be missing someone obvious.

OK, but Pesci can't go around calling anyone "utes". Nobody knows wtf that is?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

Maybe they do a Pesci spin-off movie "My Cousin Enzo."
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

rhjanes

I'm pretty sure Gene Hackman retired.  2004 was last flick.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Side-Oilers

It would make sense that Hackman retired.  Only Clint keeps making movies at that age.
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

GT350Lad

Quote from: 557 on June 22, 2018, 07:13:11 AM
Quote from: GT350Lad on June 21, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
Busey would be a great choice. Just might be hard to control on set since his head injury. Poor guys beaten up a few crew. Pesci is gold.
.  Actually Mr. Buseys problems go "a little deeper than that"(to quote J.Hendrix)..Used to see him at the Vons in Pacific Palisades across the street from a place I surf(post head to curb off motorcycle)He is certifiably nuts!You have not lived until you have seen a "Hollywood celebrity" go berserk screaming uncontrollably at a grocery store deli clerk for screwing up his order...Good Times!!!Also ,post melon squash,he came out against Cali.s mandatory helmet law....Nuff said....

I thought busey had issues and agree that helmets should be mandatory. Case in point.
6S373
6S1276

427heaven

He had -has more issues than a smashed melon anti helmet law thing. I have friends in his industry and know he still feels the same way about safety gear.  :-\