News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

California Fleein' (Beach Boys Parody)

Started by deathsled, June 20, 2023, 08:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 22, 2023, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 22, 2023, 07:42:40 AM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 21, 2023, 09:53:21 AM
Nobody can not admit that the movie title Dumb and Dumber is really about NY and CA being in competition for the dumbest run State.

We need more like you to see the light and move away.  ;)

Please do not move to any red states, got to many from that beautiful state already in TN.
The perfect thing would be if unhappy NY'ers moved to CA and CA'eons moved to NY....then they would not harm any other state.

We don't care where you go...just get out. The place is already overcrowded with mentally defectives. The state needs to reduce it's overstocked inventory of those with royal entitlement beliefs.

Granted NY does lean liberal but the current proposal of declaring a state holiday as a day of celebration for those fleeing the state, may have some merit and maybe should seriously be considered.

What day did you officially leave? Maybe I could propose that date?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don't believe the hype.Look at the facts.......We innovate.... 8)

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 22, 2023, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 22, 2023, 07:42:40 AM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 21, 2023, 09:53:21 AM
Nobody can not admit that the movie title Dumb and Dumber is really about NY and CA being in competition for the dumbest run State.

We need more like you to see the light and move away.  ;)

Please do not move to any red states, got to many from that beautiful state already in TN.
The perfect thing would be if unhappy NY'ers moved to CA and CA'eons moved to NY....then they would not harm any other state

This is happening everywhere,  the proliferation  of mainly NE  auto tags in Florida and specifically the FL keys is what prompted us to sell our properties.

The bad thing is as more come down the freedom that was here and they where looking for will slowly disappear.

All I can say bought right sold very well, we will just keep shacking up with friends in what was once truly paradise
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

May I add :

"You came here from there because you didn't like it there, and now you want to change here to be like there. You are welcome here, only don't try to make here like there. If you want to make here like there you shouldn't have left there in the first place."
Ted Buss

But you know it's to late once THEY are here
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 22, 2023, 02:52:34 PMOh there is more....much more innovation!

C'mon what other states would spend BILLIONS in overruns to build a high speed train the goes from one farm community to another and is nowhere near the LA to SF route they promised.
Where else can you encounter such innovation in accounting?

California's plan is to build an electric train that will connect Los Angeles with the Central Valley and then San Francisco in two hours and 40 minutes.
But 15 years later, there is not a single mile of track laid, and executives involved say there isn't enough money to finish the project.
Estimates suggest it will cost between $88 billion and $128 billion to complete the entire system from LA to San Francisco.
In 2008, California voted yes on a $9 billion bond authorization to build the nation's first high-speed railway

I'm certain when Gov Newscum gets elected to the white house he'll use the same program to complete Joey Diapers train to India.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 22, 2023, 02:52:34 PM
We innovate ? Yes your state is very innovative for the homeless. Very innovative for forest fires because they will not do control burns. Emissions? How about that? Oh there is more....much more innovation!
.    Some pretty nice cars built here as well.This is about the cars built by Shelby American/Automotive in the 1960s,right?Btw I hope you enjoy the many products designed here...Citrus....Strawberries...wine....etc.,etc.,etc. You are very welcome...btw jealousy is a sign of weakness in my book..... ;)

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 557 on June 22, 2023, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 22, 2023, 02:52:34 PM
We innovate ? Yes your state is very innovative for the homeless. Very innovative for forest fires because they will not do control burns. Emissions? How about that? Oh there is more....much more innovation!
.    Some pretty nice cars built here as well.This is about the cars built by Shelby American/Automotive in the 1960s,right?Btw I hope you enjoy the many products designed here...Citrus....Strawberries...wine....etc.,etc.,etc. You are very welcome...btw jealousy is a sign of weakness in my book..... ;)

This is not about the CA that was it's about the current condition. CS saw the problems early and went to NV (which by the way is following CA down the sewer). He even preferred prison labor to CA workers. Yes they still have a building in CA - and I'll let the cat out of the bag, it's for sale.
What have you done for me lately? Tesla - thanks I'll pass

Since these threads always seem to be CA v FL - While both states grow the same varieties of oranges, this difference in climate has a distinct impact on the fruits. Oranges in Florida are comparatively sweeter and juicier than their California counterparts. On the other hand, California oranges tend to maintain freshness longer due to their thicker peels. CA has 54% of the market and FL 42%. But Sunkist in the mid 60s started mixing in Brazilian orange juice with the CA stuff. A friends wife oversaw their tank farm. I guess it's also car related since Emerson Fittipaldi made a lot of his money in Brazilian oranges.    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-03-10-fi-3044-story.html

A lot more CA crops are showing decreases which accounts for the billion dollar decrease in annual production.

Notable Increases in California Production:
Oats...........................................................150%
Avocado.......................................................73%
Pistachios ....................................................41%
Beans, Large Lima Dry................................37%
Lettuce, Leaf................................................30%
Haylage and Greenchop, Alfalfa .................22%
Almonds ......................................................22%
Wheat, Winter..............................................20%
Walnuts .......................................................20%
Notable Decreases in California Production:
Olives..........................................................-60%
Safflower.....................................................-56%
Barley .........................................................-53%
Beans, Baby Lima Dry................................-42%
Beans, Garbanzo Dry.................................-38%
Peppers, Chili .............................................-38%
Prunes ........................................................-36%
Apricots.......................................................-29%
Hay, Other ..................................................-29%
Pears, All ....................................................-29%
Spinach.......................................................-28%
Cotton, American-Pima...............................-27%
Cotton, All ...................................................-26%
Cotton, Upland............................................-25%
Potatoes, All (Excluding Sweet)..................-25%
Beans, Other Dry........................................-24%
Asparagus ..................................................-23%
Cottonseed .................................................-23%
Wheat, Durum ............................................-22%
Grapes, Raisin............................................-21%
Hay, All........................................................-20%
Sunflower, All..............................................-20%
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless