News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 GT350 fuel sender wire insulation.

Started by mygt350, August 26, 2023, 02:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Martin, the end of the wire that has the terminal contact for the light bulb can be snipped off a new one installed.  Once that end is snipped off, the wire can be pulled out of the housing.  I don't recall exactly where I found the terminal ends.  If you'd like to save the end of the wire and not cut it, with some perseverance, the crimped terminal can be removed... and if you're really good, maybe can re-use it.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

mygt350

Charles, what light bulb are you referencing? I am talking about the shielded wire that connects to the fuel tank sender that goes across the top edge of the gas tank in the trunk area into the harness above drivers wheelwell. How is replacement shielding put on that wire without cutting the molded connector at the tank sender off?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

CharlesTurner

Quote from: mygt350 on August 30, 2023, 10:42:15 AM
Charles, what light bulb are you referencing? I am talking about the shielded wire that connects to the fuel tank sender that goes across the top edge of the gas tank in the trunk area into the harness above drivers wheelwell. How is replacement shielding put on that wire without cutting the molded connector at the tank sender off?

My fault, was referring to the license plate light wire covering, which is the same material.  For the fuel sender wire, the only way I've done this is cutting the wire further up into the tail light wire harness, slide the cover over and splice the wire.  The rubber grommet where the wire goes through the trunk floor can be cut with a new razor blade, there's usually a seam line to cut on.  Note the location and install back, glue the grommet together.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge