News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

351 Windsor heads and block

Started by shlb69, January 27, 2023, 12:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shlb69

Aside from intake are there any differences between 4 b and 2 b 69 351 Windsor engines.  Thks

pbf777

No.   :)

Actually, the C9OE and DOOE castings from '69 thru '74 are basically the same.   ;)

Scott.

crossboss

Quote from: shlb69 on January 27, 2023, 12:02:49 PM
Aside from intake are there any differences between 4 b and 2 b 69 351 Windsor engines.  Thks

Yes. The 2V has a lower compression ratio. Otherwise the same cylinder heads from what Scott said.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

pbf777

The question was of "heads and block", and I was attempting to dispel the often stated misbelief that the '69 4V (C9OE) 4V casting were uniquely different, and I ignored the different pistons, as utilized by the O.E. for the purpose of raising the compression, as I assumed the question was one more of the basic core components to be utilized in say a rebuilding effort.   :)

But as such, I probably should additionally point out that some of the block castings in '69, generally identified as C9OE-B castings, maybe found to have been machined (intentionally ?  :-\ ) by Ford Motor Co. to a shorter 'deck-height', often being stated in literature as being 9.480" vs. the standardly accepted value of 9.500" (+/- some!  ::), note later examples may be found .030" +/- taller than the nominal  ;) ). The real concern is that we have come to realize that these blocks so affected may not have been machined as such in the standard machining process or perhaps on the standard tooling as the accuracy of the execution is not that of others, this often resulting in quite low deck-height values being established when actual "square-decking" of these blocks; this often concluded at something in the range of 9.460" +/-!   :o, which can make many of the "shelf-stock" type pistons a no-go for these blocks!   :(

Scott.