News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

63 lots of Shelby American and.or LeMans stuff on Mecum website now

Started by HistoryBuff, January 27, 2023, 12:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Collins

https://ontime.mecum.com/auction/shelby-american-le-mans-sports-car-racing-collection-220/bidgallery/?utm_campaign=Mecum%20On%20Time&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=243358474&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--U1eFyjDl_ip0qOzCqc0O7oc1QGrtAeMmZImMQJJI_zpR_08U5_-z8FLfsaYaGE3rDup08eHCZGU49RdfaNXWD6gPrxA&utm_content=243358474&utm_source=hs_email

Lot #7 in this auction, the Georger Bartell GT350 poster, is presently bid to $2611. with one day remaining. The auction closes on Jan 31st. Adding the 25% buyer's premium and packing / shipping brings the total cost to around $3300.

There are 57 bids so there is obviously a lot of interest in this item. If anyone on here happens to be chasing this, I can save you a lot of money. I have in my collection several of these posters. They are authentic and in excellent as new rolled condition with vibrant color.

I acquired these at SAAC 13 in Santa Rosa, CA in 1988. An early well known California Shelby parts vendor was in the flea market selling select original posters from the set originally marketed by Shelby American.

I was heavily into literature at that time and a conversation disclosed that he had a stash of brand new ones at his shop. He had acquired them when SA liquidated their inventory. He agreed to sell me some, and I visited his place after the convention. They have been rolled up in a box in dry dark storage ever since. These are the real deal, not the later reprint that was smaller in size and had washed out looking color.

I will sell these at $1500 each, shipping included. This is less than half of the current bid price + costs. The photo attached is for representative purposes only and is not one of the actual posters I have for sale. I will be happy to provide a photograph of what you are actually buying before any transaction takes place.

Bill Collins
Bill Collins Collector Fords
Harrisburg, PA

bill@bcfords.com
717-648-6600

Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017