News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

security cameras

Started by gt350shelb, June 22, 2018, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

another  member turned us on to these  cameras ( he may or may not chime in)

https://youtu.be/kRytpc3q4Lw

They are very small and  you can buy a weather proof cover for out door use. we  installed them under a covered porch and they do great job  even at night.

But if you are looking for  a very inexpensive  good quality cam with  great features  here you go ...
all you need is a wifi  network and a 110 outlet .

these are great to watch the garage / property 

https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam/

for $20 you cannot beat them

Live Stream With 8x Digital Zoom

Check on your home anytime with Wyze App's live stream. – in sharp focus.

Night Vision

WyzeCam's advanced algorithm recognizes the unique sound patterns of smoke alarms and CO monitors. It sends alerts to your phone so that you can act quickly.

2-Way Audio

the tracking cam is 39.95   this is brand new ( we do not have one of these yet  so I do not know how well the perform )
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

FL SAAC

Very interesting like the price
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

stangman39

A-Snake

These cameras are great! Add a micro SD card and record days of activity, even create time lapse video.
You'll not believe the quality of the image on your phone from a $20. camera.

6S1568

Wow! Thanks for sharing the web site.

jim mac

Quote from: A-Snake on June 22, 2018, 01:49:53 PM
These cameras are great! Add a micro SD card and record days of activity, even create time lapse video.
You'll not believe the quality of the image on your phone from a $20. camera.

Agreed.  I have a bunch of the WYZE cameras, they work great, especially for the price.

Jim
"If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

deathsled

That's a great idea! I will look into it!

Best regards,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Rodster-500

Great product.

My cars are now under surveillance!  ;)

shelbydoug

I use them also but need to add, they are not 100% reliable. They have a very limited range. They are constantly dropping out of communication with the central unit.

Seemingly everything interferes with the reception. Birds are constantly perching on them, the wind moves them, squirrels chew on them.

If you choose to correct that with your AR14/15, try not to hit the camera. Use a stand and a scope fro accuracy and a short load?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69mach351w

Do the Wyze cameras alarm you via cell phone when someone approaches?

shelbydoug

Quote from: 69mach351w on October 28, 2018, 07:59:19 AM
Do the Wyze cameras alarm you via cell phone when someone approaches?

In my system, the central control has available settings for instant notification. Text, email, phone messaging BUT it is tied to the motion detector which only has a range setting on it.

So what that means is that every time the wind blows a tree or shrub, the motion detector will pick that up and send you a notification if you have it set on instant notification.

The best thing to do is have the central control set on constant recording so that if something happens you have a record of who was there.

For me, the wi-fi cameras are not as reliable as they could be but mine have the ability to be hard wired with an ethernet cable.

The wi-fi has difficulty going through concrete block walls like many would use in their garages or storage facility.

Phils's suggestion of using this system is a fantastic one considering the economy of the components, I'm just pointing out that it is not foolproof and it needs more development.

A hidden gps unit in the car is a good safety factor as well. At least it will give thieves a hesitant thought particularly when THEY can be specifically identified as the perp? Not only will they be convicted, they will have to pay reparations to the amount of damages.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

I use them also but need to add, they are not 100% reliable. They have a very limited range. They are constantly dropping out of communication with the central unit.

Seemingly everything interferes with the reception. Birds are constantly perching on them, the wind moves them, squirrels chew on them.

If you choose to correct that with your AR14/15, try not to hit the camera. Use a stand and a scope for accuracy and a short load?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

I have no complaints with mine. Reception is constant and the area of motion coverage can be focused to a smaller range that excludes moving shrubs. Mine does pick up the off feral cat in the area but makes for entertainment during the day. Plus you can go to live video any time you want.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

stangman39

Quote from: shelbydoug on October 28, 2018, 08:19:29 AM
A hidden gps unit in the car is a good safety factor as well. At least it will give thieves a hesitant thought particularly when THEY can be specifically identified as the perp? Not only will they be convicted, they will have to pay reparations to the amount of damages.

A little off topic but is there a gps unit you recommend?  All the ones I've seen need constant power or frequent charging.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: shelbydoug on October 28, 2018, 08:27:44 AM

If you choose to correct that with your AR14/15, try not to hit the camera. Use a stand and a scope for accuracy and a short load?  ;)

I all depend on what you are looking for. I you want a more reliable camera that eliminates swaying objects and small objects(birds,cats) then you need a better camera. A cheap camera is going to offer limited or no analytics.

This is truly a case of you get what you pay for

Chris
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold