News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Really?

Started by Coralsnake, February 01, 2023, 06:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Another reason to do some comparisons on your classic car insurance.

"Hagerty has launched a new program called ECO, which is short for Enthusiast Carbon Offset, that allows owners to calculate their annual carbon emissions and pay to have enough trees planted to counteract the carbon dioxide emissions made by their vehicles."

I had this company for decades. Please check around and you might be surprised to find cheaper insurance from a company thats not concerned about these ridiculous woke scams.

Heres a better idea: I will plant the trees and you lower my damn rates!

To Hagerty, Thank You for validating my decision to leave.

Harris Speedster

Spot On !!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they think they will get new clients from people that hate petrol cars, Umm !
Carbon footprint is bigger and more devastating than a normal Petrol powered car.

Guess they forget almost every product made for the EV"S>> is produced from fossil fuels.
Start with mining the raw materials>> and on and on.
Exhausted batteries are very toxic, but who cares ?
Woke>> maybe it should be WAKE up .
Funny, the supposed leader at GM leading them to the ABYSS, now the company is building a new petrol engine, what ?
Just my two cents.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

you made my day, that is so funny.....LMAO  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Rodster-500

Quote from: Coralsnake on February 01, 2023, 06:34:07 AM
Another reason to do some comparisons on your classic car insurance.

"Hagerty has launched a new program called ECO, which is short for Enthusiast Carbon Offset, that allows owners to calculate their annual carbon emissions and pay to have enough trees planted to counteract the carbon dioxide emissions made by their vehicles."

I had this company for decades. Please check around and you might be surprised to find cheaper insurance from a company thats not concerned about these ridiculous woke scams.

Heres a better idea: I will plant the trees and you lower my damn rates!

To Hagerty, Thank You for validating my decision to leave.

I've had Hagerty for years, would be curious what some good alternatives are?

Luckily I never had to use them but folks that did say the claim process was quick and easy.  That's a big part of picking an insurance company.

98SVT - was 06GT

I'm a thrifty and frugal guy - OK cheap. I'll be planting far fewer trees to offset the carbon footprint of my ICE car than an EV - I'm sticking with gas. For cooking too.

BTW: I also hate that SAAC is using this same 3rd party for convention registration.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

I use American Car Collector insurance....Their OK, but I do not like the "personal" questions, like when you sell a car, they want to see a bill of sale, when you insure a car they want to see a picture, where it will be kept....Why is everybody trying to get in my pants and see what I got? I hate "busybodies"
RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

I found Grundy to be a good choice and it sounds funnier

Side-Oilers

I think we're going to see more and more of this kind of crap from Hagerty, now that they've gone public.

It's no longer the mom & dad insurance business that built a niche with collector cars.

My guess is that pretty soon they'll start offering coverage to late-model daily drivers. The insurance biz is a giant money making scheme.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Jhockman

Thanks for information! Not surprising though I am Now looking elsewhere to insure my 30 cars Way to go Hagerty

Harris Speedster

We patronize HEACOCK.
They do insure for a agreed upon set value.
Our policy is for a werks race car, not a Shelby or Cobra.

Just paid the policy, $465.00 yearly premium, under 100K coverage.
It will not pay if its on the track, nor for a daily driver.
Limited miles as all seem to be.
They do offer a set agreed upon value and for DD cars and
They were about 100.00 cheaper per year than Hagerty.

98svt, we are frugal>> cheap also>> ha
Coral snake, we almost went with GRUNDY.
Respectfully,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Coralsnake

I also found Grundy to be about 20% cheaper

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Harris Speedster on February 02, 2023, 07:55:27 AM
We patronize HEACOCK.
They do insure for a agreed upon set value.
Our policy is for a werks race car, not a Shelby or Cobra.

Just paid the policy, $465.00 yearly premium, under 100K coverage.
It will not pay if its on the track, nor for a daily driver.
Limited miles as all seem to be.
They do offer a set agreed upon value and for DD cars and
They were about 100.00 cheaper per year than Hagerty.

I've heard good things about Heacock by a Shelby owner who had an incident that required accident-related repairs. He was extremely satisfied. Said they were a dream to work with.

98svt, we are frugal>> cheap also>> ha
Coral snake, we almost went with GRUNDY.
Respectfully,
John
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

69 GT350 Vert

I have Heacock Classic, which is underwritten by American Modern Insurance Group.  Never had a claim, but no significant price increases either.  I also have my 2016 Mustang GT insured on the same policy for $250/year. 

Royce Peterson

I used State Farm until I started comparing prices. Tried to sign up with Grundy, they would not insure my project car, only restored cars or nice originals. I switched to JC Taylor - same identical wording in the policy as Haggerty with none of the enviro BS. Far cheaper.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock